 Trains / 26698 (-20)
  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

--SNIP-- (...) You could try five-wide cars. If you use the wider wheel plate (part 6157) and regular small size wheels they come out at almost exactly five wide. I find that odd number also let you easily do things like 'angle' the car in to a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  TD custom registry

Hi, Track Designer is well known and still a very popular software to design layouts, mainly amongst LEGO train fans. The growing interest in the french AFOL community led us to translate in french the help documentation ((URL) here>). (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  GPLR mall display

Hi All, GPLR has secured an empty store at a newly remodeled local mall. It is a corner store with ~ 70' of window, which makes it great as a giant display case! We only set up a train layout the last time we did this a few years ago. This time we (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) I commented in another post about the hardscape but thank you for noticing. It has taken forever to get it where it is now. I’m about 14 months into the project. True! The super tanker river is planned for 2007, ok probably =). The truth of (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) I really must thank Brian Williams of The Royal Train for the angled road idea. Angling the road afforded me the room for added depth and interest while challenging my mind at the same time. So far it has worked and kept me extremely (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) Well I wish you luck on the river / urban canal project. There are really 2 things that make it a success. 2x2 round bricks and the snot road. The snot road let me point 2x6 bricks pointed down to tie the bridge into the understructure of the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) I too have been following your progress with interest. To my mind what you are attemting to do takes Lego scenery modelling to the next level, you seem to have recognised that the world isn't nice and square and is in fact full of odd angles (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys

(...) Well the first reply got eaten by the dead harddrive so here is mark II. The close-coupling is Jason Allemann's (URL) O-train coupling technique>. That is my favourite close-coupling technique and if you see me using close-coupling, it will be (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) I love it. I have been following your progress for a while now. It gets better with each newly added element. The river and bridges inspired me to make sure I put a river or urban canal in my layout. I just love the entire approach you've take (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) Hi Ondrew, While your town and trains are excellent, what really strikes me about your layout is the bequatiful landscaping. I consider it the most accurate and interesting landscaping I've seen done in Lego. I particularly like the way you (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Track gauge adapter

(...) I assume you meant to say cm and not inch? Either way this is very cool. And it should be even easier to do when the new battery powered trains come out. Leave the side frames off and spread the wheels out a bit extra. The problem is the rest (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  CABR buildings and your opinions

hey all, i updated my gallery with some buildings i'm working on as well as a couple pics of my trains from nwbc. anyway i would love to here your thoughts on the buildings as well as how my CABR project is going in general. i really do want to make (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Differences in Monorail Motor Couplers?

(...) I have pictures of that difference: (URL) to why, I always thought it was the change from Space Monorail to Airport Shuttle (which had larger cars). HTH, Clark Isodomos.com - marking the difference in Lego parts (URL) my Vintage Lego Parts (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Danish IC4 passenger train

(...) Nice model. I'll have to get around to build couplings like the one you use here. Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Danish IC4 passenger train

(...) --SNIP-- (...) Hi Esben, Once again you have demonstrated your mastery of curved shapes. It is a particularly difficult nose shape to represent in Lego (typical of Italian high speed trains I think) but you have managed it very well. I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC: Danish IC4 passenger train

Hey, My latest creation is the new Danish IC4 intercity train. The Danish State Railways (DSB) has ordered 84 train units from Italian company Ansaldo Breda, but so far the delivery has been delayed by more than a year for various reasons. This (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.dk, FTX) !

  Differences in Monorail Motor Couplers?

Hello everyone! I hope this is the right place for this... if not, please let me know where to post this question. I also did a search in the newsgroups, but did not find anything about this. While going through some of my monorail parts, I noticed (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track gauge adapter

"David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in message news:ItoHnv.24Ls@lugnet.com... (...) Spendidly beautiful layout. I'm jealous! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Track gauge adapter

Hi, First , pics and a movie are here: (URL) built this adapter after seeing this: (URL) (second item on the page). The Lego version was a demonstration for a friend who wants to run his 3.5inch gauge locomotive on 4.75inch gauge track... Greetings, (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: J'aime les tchou-tchou aussi (was I like Choo-Choos)

(...) I hadn't seen the Archimedes one before. I like it. I was wondering what he could conclude when he didn't displace his own mass of blue plates... Jason R (19 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact