 Trains / 26620
  Has anyone thought of this?

(URL) was fooling around with my bricks today and I thought it up. If it can be done-- It's what I've always been looking for: Some way in which I can integrate train axles into the technic system.... and thereby motorise stuff, apart from other (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone thought of this?

(...) Yeah, (URL) 4 years ago> by a some 12 year old;-) JOHN (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone thought of this?

(...) Oh I know about that one, (URL) I tried it myself>. But today I compared the 2 wheels on a single axle and noticed that my flanges are thinner, and should therefore be able to go through switch points; something which the fanbelt wheels can't (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone thought of this?

(...) Kids eh, It's why I don't go to skateboard parks anymore. Fraction of my age and ten times as good. They won't say your too old because secretly they all want to see the old guy fall down. I had a six your old say to me "no-one stacks like you (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone thought of this?

(...) I think you're gonna have a couple of problems with it: The 2x2 round parts don't always attach very strongly to the flange parts - and as they carry the weight and provide the traction, they will probably be prone to falling off unless you (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone thought of this?

(...) Yes, I know this too. In fact my first choice WAS the 2x2 round plate for this same reason, and I didn't think of it as being as good for the same reason. But it can easily be greebled up externally by bogie detailing, and be made to look (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone thought of this?

(...) Yeah but the ones on the motor (that do the actual driving) have rubber rings. Until they get worn down. So I guess it's not an issue for non-driven wheels, but your example suggested you're thinking about using them for driving too. ROSCO (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone thought of this?

(...) Ah, yes, okay, cool. I didn't follow you closely enough-- I only parsed the "integrate train axles into the technic" part. Ross is working on some new electric power system but he's hit the wall in terms of interest in the project and I fear (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)