 Trains / 26632
Re: Has anyone thought of this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 02:04:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:

+ With just the plastic tractive surface, slippage is likely to be
  significant - you'll probably have to find a way to attach w rubber band
  or something.

Dunno... I'm not a physics guy... but isn't the regular train wheel entirely
hard plastic as well? If that works, I *guess* this might too. Even then, the
smallest size white fanbelts should go around the 2x2. That'll keep things
nicely all-LEGO. I'll have to do some more tests.

Yeah but the ones on the motor (that do the actual driving) have rubber rings.
Until they get worn down. So I guess it's not an issue for non-driven wheels,
but your example suggested you're thinking about using them for driving too.

ROSCO