 Trains / 25938 (-20)
  Did Someone Say Monorail?

Hello all, 3vilrain Monorail - (2 URLs) I've been wanting to do this idea for some years, and I finally had everything I needed. It uses no official monorail parts, no parts were modded to make this design work, and the design is all Lego parts. (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Ooh, I like your V2... it has lots of parts that non trainies would like too (they can trade off the few train specific things like wheels...) Some nits to pick I think I'd go with more large windows than small, maybe 2:1? Have to agree on the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  How big were box cars in 1900?

So, I have seen references to box cars being as short as 36 feet and as long as 50 feet at the turn of the last century. However, I didn't see these numbers in any authoratative context. So, anyone got a good source for really old American rolling (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote: snip (...) Here's another go with (URL) parts ideas to support building trains>. Fun discussion! later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

(...) Cool! That should sort the problem of how to propel 2-wide trains (for those who don't have N-gauge track)! Mark (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: It's back! Long-Lost Jetpack Element Now Being Produced...

Sweet! Now I can retro-fit some of my Blacktron soldiers! Dave "Jeremy Rear" <jeremyrear@mac.com> wrote in message news:In1J9E.HGM@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

(...) Hi Peer, I was admiring this model in your gallery and hoping you would post something about it. I think it is an absolutely brilliant model and idea so congratulations for both the inspiration and the implementation. Brilliant work! Tim (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  70's/80's Lego® train motor wheel tire replacements

Hallo Lego® train lovers, (URL) You probably know it,... the motor wheel tires of the lego® trains from the70’s (blue era) and 80’s (grey era) have dried out. Your train is still in great condition, but the tires run from their wheels, resulting in (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  LOWLUG to attend Rail 2005

Upcoming weekend (sept. 24-25) LOWLUG will be present at Rail2005, one of the biggest model railroading shows in the Netherlands. Held at the Groenoordhallen in Leiden, with over 25.000 attending, walk-in lectures (yes, also about building trains (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Train Show for BLTG

(...) Congratulations guys, looks like a really great show. I only wish I could be there. (URL) I've taken the liberty of uploading the pics Peter sent me to BS. The folder is (URL) here> after moderation. For deeplinks go (URL) and change the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) We will have to be careful or will start another undying thread... and someone will decide that we need a lugnet.hinges news group :) Chris (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) True, true, but I'm thinking I would almost rather not waste the slots in the palette with clicky hinged versions... they're that bad. I'd rather ask for what I actually want and be told no, then decide what to do. YMMV of course. (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) I have a feeling that asking for un-clicky-hinged versions of parts is like asking for old gray or a clasic smiley. Chris (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Don't foget pirate hook hands and straws Lester (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:IMzMD4.1DtA@lugnet.com... (...) Check this out: (URL) have printed them, they come out great. Mike (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Great idea! When the Spiderman's Doc Ock's Hideout #4856 came out I thought how cool those sticker sheets were for the 1x4x5 windows. I thought wow, large mullioned windows made easy (sort of like the ones in Philadelphia's Independence Hall). (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Having that <-0-> logo in a bunch of colors/sizes/shapes would probobly be good... (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote: SNIP (...) Some ideas for train greeblies (I'm sure I'm missing stuff here)... (12 URLs) And parts for attaching them, like these for just a small example, but there are obviously many more... (4 URLs) Thanks! (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spiderman's Train Rescue

(...) The body is 6-wide, which is compatible. The wheels are the tiny ones, but a newer design with lower friction than the previous ones, which means they will work on the 9V track if the vehicle is lightly laden and there are not many of them in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Might work here, and perhaps color matching the brick color would work out better this way. And indeed, shouldn't cost too much... perhaps Jake could take this up with the design team? While on the subject... how about re-doing some of the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact