 Trains / 25821
Re: BBB Train Hand Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:16:26 GMT

The design is not LEGO pure.  The model requires NBA/Basketball minifig legs
(with the springs removed) and a 1x4 technic thin lift arm (I cut the end off a
1x5 technic thin liftarm.   You can use 4263
<<http://www.bigbenbricks.com/ideabook/4263.jpg>>  but the studs on the side
will bind occasionaly.

I've tried lots of things to eliminate the 1x4 technic thin liftarm, but nothing
seems to work as well. Any suggestions are welcome.

At a guess, you need the arm to be central in a 1 stud width of axle.
A technique used by someone else (Mark Bellis I think) is to get a half
smooth technic bush (4265c) and cut it in half (length ways). This will
help keep the bar centred.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/