 Trains / 25819
25818  |  25820
Subject:
BBB Train Hand Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:07:08 GMT

http://www.bigbenbricks.com/ideabook/ideabook.html

A train hand car has long been on my build list. I took some inspiration from the following threads:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=19533

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=21597

Thank you!

The design is not LEGO pure. The model requires NBA/Basketball minifig legs (with the springs removed) and a 1x4 technic thin lift arm (I cut the end off a 1x5 technic thin liftarm. You can use 4263 but the studs on the side will bind occasionaly.

And of course, the model uses 4 BBB 17.6 mm flanged train wheels.

I like to set the hand car on three straight sections of track and tilt the track back on forth to watch the minifig pump up and down as the hand car rolls back ond forth on the track.

I’ve tried lots of things to eliminate the 1x4 technic thin liftarm, but nothing seems to work as well. Any suggestions are welcome.

And yes, the model works with two minifigs too.

pdf formatted instructions are avaailable on the website.

Kind Regards,

Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC

http://www.bigbenbricks.com