 Trains / 25543
Re: ILTCO at National Train Show +Aerial views
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:21:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul Janssen wrote:
   Well, we did it!!!!

70+ AFOLs from 13 clubs and the CUT team build a 50-70 foot Lego display at the National Train Show in Cincinnati. It took approx. 750 (wo)man-hours to build. It will be impossible to describe in words how much fun it was, but we are sure some of you will try! Most of the participants have meanwhile returned home, but some are still underway! Participant clubs came from as far away as Canada and Florida!

There are already pictures to be found on Brickshelf, but this is likely merely the tip of the iceberg. Feel free to follow up this posts with your reports, links to pictures, etc.

Thanks all who participated and supported this event, we had a blast.

Paul and Steve.

Hello all,

Well I finally caught up on my sleep and resized my pictures to save space on the one and only Brickshelf.

During the last 20 minutes of the show I figured out a way to take aerial pictures of the displays. Most came out OK, some slightly blurry, I removed the ones that were real blurry. It was a little difficult to hold a camera 10ft above the displays on an extended tripod. At least I did not kill any MOC’s. :)

For those who wanted some copies email me with the DSCN number and I can email the originals 500+K each

Just the Aerial views

Main NMRA folder

All in all it was worth every bit of work to complete. It was great to finally meet so many other AFOL’s in person.

Until next time….

Mike Gallagher

COLTC member