 Trains / 24975
  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Only use one plate, and leave the second (upper) layer hollow so the pin can move up and down vertically and also move a bit out of the vertical axis. This helps with track conformance when the track is uneven. Note that if you use LEGO's (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

Ah. The single plate approach is what I use as well for my custom cars. On first read, I thought you are advocating not using Technic plates at all. And I was trying to figure out what else could possibly be used (besides wagon plates.) My mistake. (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) whew! (...) Na, I like them. (...) One other thing I have toyed with is using a 1x2 technic brick, sideways. There is just enough of a cut in shoulder there that the pin doesn't bind the way it does in two plates. However it doesn't allow that (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) <Shameless Self-Plug> I'm doing the same thing with my newest under-construction diesel: (URL) This image is a bit outdated although it gives you an idea why I did so. I may/may not put pics of the updated version. It's all classified at the (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I used this part to atach a 9v train motor to a train baseplate, with the motor centered on the wire hole. I wanted the motor closer to the center for a My Train steam engine. Mat (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I have used both 2x2 and 4x4 turntables to attach bogies. The 2x2 allows for a good amount of movement from the vertical, but is a pig to re-attach the bogies if they come off. The 4x4 allows very little such movement, but as the MOC in (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Random thought: Has anyone tried using Bionicle-style ball-and-socket joints as bogie attachments? My guess is that they would have enough friction to keep the stock from tilting over yet have the articulation to handle track unevenness as (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)