 Trains / 24975
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 14:59:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
Long time readers may recall my repeated ranting against using stacked technic
plates for the receivers of the pin on bogie plates.

What is a better approach?

Only use one plate, and leave the second (upper) layer hollow so the pin can
move up and down vertically and also move a bit out of the vertical axis. This
helps with track conformance when the track is uneven. Note that if you use
LEGO's wagon plates you get the same effect. Most of their models leave a plate
layer gap above where the bogie plate pin plugs in as well.

Can you provide a link?

Not easily, although it was documented on the CD that came with Tim and Ahui's
book. Hopefully that verbal description is good enough?