 Trains / 24873 (-20)
  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Wow! Great! Another American themed addition to trains. That should go down well with all those USofAFOLs. Let's put some flags out to celebrate. British flag, no, French, German, no good. Oh, no, that one's Australian... European... Oh (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Hey you leave Bomonga out of this! I am just waiting on a set like (URL) this> to come out ;) But ya, trains are ok as long as they are in a nice town layout! The other Mark (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Hey now, don't begrudge us our measily few train sets... not with all the Toa Lhikan Kikanalo Gaaki Rahaga Pouks Kualus Norik Bomonga Iruini Vakama Nokama Hordika Whenua Onewa Matau Nuju Rhotuka Panrahk Lerahk Guurahk Vorahk Turahk Vhisola (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I don't know how long this will last or if the offer has expired. Someone from the Gateway Lego Users Group noticed this offer and sent the following info out on the group list. --- In GtwLug... Blackrock <blackrock@y...> wrote: (...) (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Hey look! Another train! Who would have ever guessed?!? ;) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Can you give any more details about this bulk track purchase thing you mentioned? Rafe (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Agreed. The more rolling stock, the better. I was at a train store the other day and marvelled at the literally hundreds of cars available in different gauges. More L gauge stuff is only good. Thanks Jake and all who helped put this together. (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

Ok... the set is very cool looking. Great work LEGO®. However, I do think the set needs at least one or two train minifigs with TTX or BNSF logo stickers or even printed on the minifigs. The reasons is I am thinking is... 1) There are LEGO fans who (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  I LOVE the new 10170...

Even though I am a committed 8 wider, I love this new container car (and the BNSF which preceded it). This set (and the newer BNSF) actually creates in me a dilemma. On the one hand, I want to show off my building prowess by constructing 8 wide (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Cute set, but I question the 'play value'. No minifig, nothing to put *into* the containers, no crane to load and unload them -- it's just something to go around the track. A bit juniorized for us die-hard Train heads, but I think the average (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

Thanks Jake! This is a great looking set, especially needed for a Monday. And this, after finding out there is now a discount on bulk track purchases in one of the online catalogs! And, yes, I am willing to be counted as a sucker. Considering all (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) This was something that caught me off-guard at Celebration III in Indy. Certainly 99.9% of the folks there were Star Wars fans, yet the LEGO booth was hopping, selling product like crazy. The ISD sold out - they were taking orders to be (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Thanks for the announcement and ILTCO pictures Mike! We were just discussing the lack of new trains this year at our RichLug meeting on Saturday. Low and behold a new Intermodal Double-Stack Car!!! Now I've got a reason to scan S&H weekly for (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Mark, the reason I took this personally is because I was one of the people making this decision. I know it sometimes seems like the LEGO Group is some big, cold, floating entity in the sky, but it's a group of people just like any community. (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

<snip> (...) Marc, I think maybe you need to understand the sheer expense involved in setting up a production line specifically for parts not currently in stock. I know of one example where some basic bricks and plates were needed in a slightly (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I too was admiring the clear bricks--I thought I saw a clear 1 x 8 technic brick! clear technic bricks!! Imagine the go-cart I could make then!! (URL) K -who is looking forward to purchasing a few of these container cars to add to the layout (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Jake, I wish you hadn't turned this into a personal issue when it is a corporate policy issue. Do you see the words "Jake McKee" anywhere in my post? Now the "rally round Jake" LUGNET defense mechanism has been activated, and anything I say (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) It's not the upfront money, it's the projected sales that determine whether a new mold is produced. Trains, while popular among AFOLs, just don't sell well among Lego's target market. I imagine that the projected sales for 10170 is at most (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

What a pleasant way to start off Monday! I'm looking forward to this set. Aside from the set itself, what I find interesting is the technique used in the photography. Check out the clear bricks used for supporting the freight bodies... (URL) the (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Me too! I will do anything in my power to make this new set a succes. I hope my wife will let me buy several... /\/\ark "I have two BNSFs, so I'll need a lot of cars" de Kock (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact