 Trains / 24870
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 02:07:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rafe Donahue wrote:
James Seibert wrote:

Thanks Jake! This is a great looking set, especially needed for a Monday. And
this, after finding out there is now a discount on bulk track purchases in one
of the online catalogs!

Can you give any more details about this bulk track purchase thing you
mentioned?

Rafe

I don't know how long this will last or if the offer has expired. Someone from
the Gateway Lego Users Group noticed this offer and sent the following info out
on the group list.

--- In GtwLug... Blackrock <blackrock@y...> wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to take advantage of the track sale
mentioned in the latest S@H catalog (10% off any two types of track,
15% off if all four)? I figured I'd buy one box of each (straight,
curve, crossover and points) and then load up on straight and points
if 15% is taken from the whole order.

I did not know what catalog he was talking about and he sent the following info
which I used to purchase the track.

S@H Spring 2005 ("Construction Zone!" on cover), page 37. ****Go to the 'Select
Online Catalog' and look for the Spring 2005 Construction Zone Cover. The spring
special on track is still there.****

The max discount of 15 percent is not as good as the overall discount for the
K4515 Ultimate Track Kit, but you can order as many boxes of straights and
switches as you can afford. I have enought curve sections from sets and track
kits, just send me those discount straights!

One question:
Does anyone know how long this offer will last???

Crossposted to lugnet.lego.direct