 Trains / 24803 (-10)
  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) The prototype measures from the inside edge, IIRC since rail cross sectional dimensions vary. I agree that the wheels are under-diameter in relation to track gauge (Working some US numbers: a typical US non low profile freight car wheel might (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Actually I was think after posting that I'm not sure if the track guage is measured from rail centre to rail centre of from rail inside edge to inside edge. I assumed inside edge above, if it is from the centres then the wheels are even (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Standard gauge Track 4' 8 1/2" = 1435mm Lego track = 38mm Thus Lego track is about 1/37.8 scale Lego wheel = 18mm diameter At 1/37.8 scale this scales to be about 640mm = or 2' 2 3/4" In the UK at least a standard wagon (truck) wheel is in the (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Not in the slightest. Correct width, assuming standard gauge of 4' 8.5", should be 10 wide (or about 1 stud to 1 foot). LEGO train wheels on 10 wides don't look good, IMO. (...) I don't really make any distinctions between 6 wide and 8 wide. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

Hi all... I'm curious about the ratio of LEGO train wheel diameter to the distance between the rails on LEGO track. Is the LEGO ratio correct relative to typical prototypes? The diameter looks good to me on 6-wides but sometimes it seems too small (...) (19 years ago, 17-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) (snip) (...) Yes, because the decoders are not limited to a N scale engine. If the 1A current is too limiting, the HO scale decoders are always a possibility for a external mounted decoder. (...) You do not require a electrical link along the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FL9 MOC

(...) Yes, I ran into this at first as well, as I use several browsers on different machines. But once you get posting permission on a machine you should be fine. The engine looks great by the way. Mat (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FL9 MOC

(...) Hi, Thanks for your compliments ! That makes me feel very happy. To build the model, I used pictures found on Internet and a drawing found in a modelist magazine. You're right, my loco is 8 studs wide and 39 studs long. I know it's shorter (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

Quite sweet, this. Personally, I would say this belongs in both space and trains, as it has a bit of both. Great detail, great moc. I'm jealous of your amount of replies, my posts never get any. :) Congrats on the first "spaceish" model. -Josh (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show

(...) yeah didn't the GMLTC have a bulldozer or something that was running by a magnet from below? This is basicly the same thing, just a magnet rotating under the baseplate and then a magnet in the mower. It ran for 8 hours straight with no issues (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact