 Trains / 24330
  Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Finally got round to posting some pics of my Class 44 Peak diesel engine. When moving over the points, the articulated bogies are a sight to behold! (3 URLs) PLMKWYT Mark (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote: SNIPPIFICATION (...) Mark, This looks really nice! Now I *have* to know how you did the bogies. The Proto is 4-axled right? Your bogie design seems very inriguing. I also like the use of the space radar dish as a (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) My favourite shot, really gives the impression of the bulk of these machines. Love the names as well, some of my favourite mountains. Good shot of 'Penyghent': (URL) Hang 8 maroon Mk1s behind it, and stand back! How much dark red do you have?! (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine bogie articulation

(...) Yes, each bogie has 4 axles. On ine the middle two axles of each bogie are the motor, with the others articulated. Each articulation uses a double wishbone steering arm: (URL) and this right angle axle joiner: (URL) with the axle joiner round (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Hey just had to chime in. I like the engine, but I had to add that I like the "support beam visible through the vent effect" that you did with the SNOTted grille tiles. Chris (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Thanks :-) I particularly like the fact that the effect is easier to achieve with Lego in 8mm scale than in HO or OO in 3.5mm or 4mm scale. Using SNOT with grille tiles gives a finer grille than just alternating plates, and there's some relief (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim)