 Trains / 24318 (-10)
  Re: Train Bases

(...) You have to be careful using the train base holes with vehicles longer than one base, since the bogie centres distance becomes so large that a motor (4x6 plate size) cannot turn far enough inside the train base on curves, so the vehicle (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

It won't be long until these "digger buckets" are not longer needed! Check out the inital concept for this VO1000 switcher (Yet another Turtle Creek MOC)... (2 URLs) The roof is made up of the new 1x3 rounded bricks (LDRaw #50950) that is used as (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Hi Larry, they are not really rare and appear now and then on Bricklink in amount of dozens. And these are just the black ones. The grey ones are often much more expensive at bricklink and other market places. I was lucky enough to get nearly (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) I dunno. *I* think the most difficult part of building one of these is saving up digger buckets till you have enough for a roof! Nice build. Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing! XFUT trains... (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

(...) Mark, The lowest section of the support column is 2x4 duplo bricks. The middle column progresses to 2x8 LEGO brick configuration as it climbs up the back of the module. I do use 1x's on the cross members but all the main support columns never (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

Using this photo (sorry I don't know what program to use to overlay numbers) (URL) tables sizes (32x32 baseplate standard) are as follow: Level One - the first table (with the nuts and bolts) is 4x8, the table directly behind is 4x6 (we call these (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) Hey Mark, thats a really nice, different application of the 1x2x3-panel-and-2x3 plates technique! I can see it bieng used for (URL) high nose diesel cabs>, it's not as deja vu as the 1 x 2 x 3 train windows, and of course, the colour (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) I can't see how... I was under the impression that it would be easier to simply use stacked plates instead. Embedding a train base would solve a lot of problems with the motor connection issues, since the holes for mating would already be (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

(...) I see most of the modules are fascias for the raised table sections. This one (URL) shows me how you've supported the mountain. I can see the cubic structure - about every 16 studs? However, is that a stack of red 1x4 bricks at the middle of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) OK, a bit bigger than 8-wide, but still applicable... I have used 6x24 bases for 4-wheel wagons, like these two brake vans: (URL) and (URL). I also have another brake van and six 32ft tube wagons (pics to follow soon). I convert the tanker (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact