 Trains / 24098 (-20)
  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) The movie (URL) You're absolutely right, well spotted, I didn't notice that myself. The thing is, I ran out of train weights for the second car, so its not quite as heavy as the first car. It has got two implications: Firstly, the car doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) In your movie #4, the train goes through much of the last turn with the wrong tilt..., like the last car got "stuck" in the previous tilt. Is something jamming? Great work! :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203 (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) Samarth, perhaps you missed this one: (URL) A 4-car British Pendolino, using bevel gears for the tilt. This means it can cope well with double bends (the Hornby APT rises up on double bends because it relies on a tilted curved track on which (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Layout Started

Made a decent dent in the benchwork framing yesterday. Turns out I was short a 2x4 for the narrow connector between the two loops. Since I had done the drywall finishing myself, I went ahead and bolted the framing directly to the wall studs. I went (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

Congratulations, Esben! Thats a fine looking train. I find the tilt mechanism very interesting! Only one other tilt train I know of is James Mathis' APT, which from what I know, uses a similar mechanism. It's a pity that this doesn't have interiors, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

Hey everyone, Just returned to my pile of Lego bricks after half a year on exchange at the University of Queensland in Brisbane... Australia is awesome, I reckon! Anyway, I came across this wonderful train with a name that says it all, the Tilt (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, FTX) !!

  Interesting roof idea...

on a very nice model (URL) hope I'm not stealing anyone's thunder but I saw this train in the new folders on Brickshelf and had to post. As well as simple but clever tilt technique it looks really good, with a complicated front well rendered in the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

THANKS EVERYONE! Not only for the compliments but for the courteous exchange! I have to admit that it feels good too! :) It was just one of those MOCs that just came together. I guess I have been so obsessed with building in rare colors that I (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Hey Steve, nicely done. Traditional, detailed, clean design, and RED!!! Spotlighted! Looking forward to following the developments in TCBL. Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

This is a really awesome idea! Someone else said it, and I agree, it would be awesome to see this in MR. I'll bet they never expected their design to inspire someone to this end. The truck hood is a neat idea and the stairs on the caboose are nicely (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Super duper. I think that is a great caboose. You did a great job all around, and I like the way you installed the front and rear facing airplane windows backwards. Simple, subtle, and effective, cudos. Chris (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Oh I'll have to disagree with that. When we run the Rail Racers at shows and events the kids line up, big and little. Maybe it's the lights, maybe its smell of train tires burning, maybe it's the cool space age trains, maybe its screaming (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

(...) I too, say thank you. I'm hoping there will be several new sculpture kits introduced this year. There are only 5 sculpture kits currently for sale at S@H (in the US anyhow). With the Statue of Libery, Mini Figure, and several others selling (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Yes, we certainly are. But the pre-school kids don't find drag-racing *cool*. Maybe for the bigger kids and adults... The younger kids much prefer train layouts they can go round and round many laps like the Grand Prix. And ones in which they (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Steve, The way you used the old-style minifig torso for the hood of the red flatbed pickup as shown here: (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

In lugnet.trains, Ken Nagel wrote: <snip> (...) Whereas I think I can see both sides of this issue, 1- Larry wasn't posting as an admon, he was posting as a user of LUGNET, justlike the rest of us, and 2- by the very fact that he mentioned o.t.fun (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

On Tuesday the 18th I extended a simple invitation for people to Visit NILTC’s next show: (URL) was responded to by Larry Pieniazek, The curator for lugnet.trains thus: (URL) copy came from the library who is very excited about this show. I would (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms) !

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

Have to say the caboose looks really good, I'd almost go so far as to say its the definative model. However I realise that cabooses vary! It seems like you have distilled all the good elements of previous caboose MOCs into one. Interested to see (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) In my wider trains I usually include a 1x4 hole in the cab floor and have the wire connecting to the motor with the connector at the same end of the motor as the coupling. The 1x4 slot gives enough room for the bogies of a loco of bogie (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Lookin' good, Steve. As loathe as I am to highlight your work, we've gotta get something else on the front page, so... highlighted. ;) Anyway, I'm impressed with the layout thus far, and can't wait to see what you do to span the canyon. This (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact