 Trains / 22208 (-10)
  Re: Using dragon fly wings as train windows

(...) Yes, I experimented a bit with doing just that, but it's quite hard since the slope of the wings does not fit anything else (at least no slopes in my collection :-) (...) Thanks, it is indeed a very futuristic train (also nowadays) (...) (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Using dragon fly wings as train windows

In lugnet.trains, Esben Kolind wrote: Thanks for sharing what is a very novel idea. I am not sure I like the wings used the way you used them, did you consider trying to recess them into the body? They stick out and look like a little wind would (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: automated train drawbridge

(...) Kind of long but here is some more info on the bridge. (...) I do have counter-weights. They are slung under the table. We can get by this at ngltc because our water tables are lower than the other tables. Here is a picture of the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Using dragon fly wings as train windows

(...) I don't normally hang around .trains, but on my way over to .cad.ray I noticed this post. I really, really like the way you built that roof - it's very sleek and (IMO) stylish. :) I like the all-glass roof too. BTW, those weighted bricks are (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: automated train drawbridge

(...) (no pun intended). Do you have counter-weights hidden under the piers? And we *need* to see some pictures of the lifting mechanism! How much does it sag when a train crosses the bridge? I'm guessing the magnets are to help keep the two (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: automated train drawbridge

(...) Beautiful! :-) I love it. It's just as I'd like to have built mine, months ago. How do trains behave in it? (does it hold with heavy trains passing through?) Is there any chance of seeing the lifting mechanism in detail? I'd like to know if (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Using dragon fly wings as train windows

Hi there, Ever since buying the Make & Create: Wild Collection (4101) I've had the idea of using the dragon fly wings as train windows. Also my brother Egil challenged me to build a train front using the large dark grey curved bricks he got me from (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town) !

  automated train drawbridge

Here is my latest. It is a fully automated train bridge. (Sorry the photos are not the best. It is hard to take pictures in my basement.) It is fully automated. Meaning we will be able to run the rcx and the bridge will happen periodically during a (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: tarnished track

(...) This has been discussed before but I would say that there is no firm conclusion yet. While I am a proponent of cleaning LEGO elements if they get to the point of being visibly dirty or sticky, I'm in the "don't clean rails unless you really (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train width

Snippage (...) I have to disagree about 7 wide. Its a good compromise between 6 and 8 wide. You can still use some 6 wide elements (centered with jumper plates) while building a bigger beefier train. Its also a lot of fun and a challenge. Working (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact