 Trains / 21128 (-20)
  Re: United States Army Rail

(...) I have seen yellow Navy locomotives and dark blue Air Force locomotives. I'm not positive but I don't think they have any military operators left, they hire civilians as needed. Their operations mostly involve cargo transfer between the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Classic W2 class tram

(URL) Classic W2 class tram>> After seeing a (URL) large model> in a local retail store, and a challenge by a fellow AFOL, I decided to build a slightly smaller version. (URL) Here> is the result. Enjoy! ROSCO PS: I guess that's another Aussie icon (...) (21 years ago, 21-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: United States Army Rail

(...) Ken, do each of the armed services operate their own railroads, and what are the differences between them in terms of operation, location, color schemes, etc.? I'm very familiar with the 60cm gauge railways that the army operated during WWI. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Hi Mark, Nice work. You've also taken some great shots of it as well. -Anne (...) -- For SCO to attack IBM using IP (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. is somewhat like trying to eat >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`. a live tiger. -Ian Lance Taylor (v_," ; `,-\ ; : ; (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

(...) very true, wonderfull view. heres my question, how did you get that clear texture so perfect? (URL) tell (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

(...) Yeah, I'll do that. And I'll experiment with reasonably-constructed trains to see what can fit under the new connectors. Being a spacehead also heavily invested in trains, I have experience using both. (...) The NWBC layout should be huge, so (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  United States Army Rail

You may have already stumbled upon these pages as I've been building them up the past couple of months. I've finaly got them to the state I feel they're worth a puplic announcment, so if you havn't seen them I invite you to see the state of Army (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

(...) That's gorgeous. Very cool. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Thanks, guys! (...) This is the snippet of code I used to add the picture in the background: object plane z,0 pigment imagemap jpeg "img2608.jpg" maptype 0 interpolate 2 once translate <-0.5,-0.5,0> scale 4000 rotate 180*z rotate -20*y translate (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: is it a relay or is it yet another motorized switch?

A couple corrections. 1. Just noticed I have a 2 x 4 plate on top of a 1 x 4 brick. You should probably replace these two pieces with a 2 x 4 brick or similar. The extra plate of height is unnecessary (though it doesn't hurt anything). 2. In a 5 x 7 (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  is it a relay or is it yet another motorized switch?

Seeing the pitiful designs I've made for motorized 9v train points, my brother Chris came up with one. Put a housing over it, and people will swear it's a relay. Not too many down sides with this one. There's no getting around the 6 brick height (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Awesome stuff! How did you get the background in this (and similar) pic?: (URL) cool, the way the image refracts in the glass. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LDCC decoder - WARNING!

The Uhlenbrock DCC decoders do not work with LDCC!!! I bought an Uhlenbrock 73500 decoder which fitted nicely into the LEGO train motor, but I discovered some problems using it: I could read the registers, but not write. I sometimes lost contact (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) Great idea! I allways do a dcc search when reading lugnet.trains anyway. :-) Thomas (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Outstanding work! Thanks for posting the pics. The center beam car is way cool as well as the Santa Fe club car. Brian ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> To: <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, September (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

(...) Amazing & Beautiful, may have to make one or 2 to go with the train! Josh (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NGLTC at Flowery Branch train depot

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) will be displaying in the Flowery Branch Train Depot this weekend as a part of Flowery Branch Better Home Town fall festival. The Flowery Branch Depot was built in 1901 by the Southern Railway because of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Rolling Stock

Hey All, I have some basic rolling stock MOCs I'd like to share. I've been busy trying to increase the tonnage of my fleet and these are some of the cars that can be seen rolling about. Yep, that's right, I'm not posting about something DCC this (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The 2003 Great Edmonton Model Train Show

This Weekend! Edmonton, Alberta, Canada The Mainline Model Railroaders Fellowship is holding their annual train show this very weekend, September 20-21 2003. If you're in the neighbourhood, please drop by and check it out! It's located at the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

(...) This I have to agree with. If you've got a train that doesn't meet specs, well, you build space (SPACE!) for it to run. I have a 6-wide monorail (8-wide with protrusions) with a lot of overhang at the ends. There was no way it was going to run (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact