 Trains / 21120
Re: Rolling Stock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:36:44 GMT

Thanks, guys!

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia wrote:

   How did you get the background in this (and similar) pic?:

This is the snippet of code I used to add the picture in the background:

object {
  plane {
    z,0
    pigment {
      image_map {
        jpeg "img_2608.jpg"
        map_type 0
        interpolate 2
        once
        }
      }
    translate <-0.5,-0.5,0>
    scale 4000
    }
  rotate 180*z
  rotate -20*y
  translate <0,0,1000>
  }

You move the picture around the scene using the rotate and translate functions in the outer object. The scale function changes the size of the picture. The POV-Ray docs should explain the use of all the other keywords.

BTW, that’s a portion of a picture of Lake Tahoe I took in the background (flipped left for right)... :-)

Mark