 Trains / 21043 (-20)
  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) James, Thanks and you can bet we will have something cool on display! This is just a test display for me, I plan on building something bigger and better each time. BTW KK Quah gets the display in October, so that means I get the display back (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Brian, Thanks, KK Quah and I plan on having monthly LIC displays over the next few years... Maybe you’ll make it down sometime, you never know. Robin W (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Yes, give me some time... I am working on a RobRail web site with all of my trains. Robin W GFLTC/GFLUG (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: Kudos to the work of James and Jeroen! This train poster is again a masterpiece of your work. I am just trying to improve my knowledge on POV-ray these days - even the more I admire your brilliant works! With (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) It almost looks like some lens effect to me... but indeed it looks a bit odd. But otherwise awesome work again by both James and Jeroen! (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Nope, that's not it. I'm looking more at the red stripe between the yellow nose and the black roof. The right side (of the image) is higher than the left side, so it looks like the train is leaning hard into a right-hand curve. Looking at it (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) The black roof above the cab of the Eurostar uses the (URL) dual-low-roof-slope 3x3, 3675.dat>. This is different from the other TGV designs. Perhaps this difference tricks your eyes? And, perhaps it is not the best LEGO(R) element design (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Very pretty, I especially like the map for the background. Maybe it's me, but the Eurostar just doesn't look right to me. Shouldn't the roofline above the windshield slope down and right, instead of down and left? Look at the black slopes or (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Robin, Nice mix of MOCs with Officials. Good job on creating a lively scene in such a small space. You've definitely got great diesel design power. I'm enjoying the continuation of your RobRail road-name and livery. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR50 now done as ML-CAD drawing and rendered.... + first time use of radiosity!

Ben, Simply stunning. Beautiful. Well deserved for the hard work to learn these tools. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

Jeroen has designed the layout and rendering for another train poster. Featured are 5 of my TGV train sets: View the (URL) TGV poster and all the other MOC posters>. TGV Duplex: Bi-level passenger cars. TGV Sud Est: The bold original orange livery (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR50 now done as ML-CAD drawing and rendered.... + first time use of radiosity!

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: Hi again! Sorry for posting in reply for an own posting of mine. Less then 4 month after my first steps into the world of virtual LEGO® bricks, I have now done the next step and tried to get into the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Great job Robin. I'm hoping y'all will having something cool for me to see in the display around Thankgiving when I'll be in Orlando. (so get working on it now :) jt (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Hello Mark- I enjoyed viewing your trains-- I also build 8wide+, but I have calculated my scales a little differently than you have. Though the gauge of LEGO track "says" virtually 1 stud = 1 foot (about 10 wide), I abandoned that scale almost (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

Here's a link to pictures of my Lego trains www.brickshelf.com/c...gi?f=35408 These are the trains (with others) that will be running at the NEC, Birmingham in December. All are built to (approximate) 8mm:1ft scale - usually 8-wide plus extra bits. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  "Percy" MOC with some clever techniques

I said pretty much everything I wanted to say on the MOCpage: (2 URLs) Briefly, it is a collaborative effect between me and Ross, but you've got to check out a couple of Ross' unique innovations-- quite clever indeed! JOHN (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lets Talk Trains...

World Talk Radio airs a show called 'Let's Talk Trains' every Saturday from 1PM to 3PM EST. Anyone with an interest in trains and railroads are invited to call in to the show. Last week, I was a featured guest caller...listen to the show archives at (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Robin, Fantastic stuff as usual! Once again your attention to detail really makes your creations something special. I only wish that orlando wasn't so far south. Thanks for posting the pics for us northeners to take a look see. Brian ----- Original (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Got any more pics of the AC6000? Josh (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Well it’s time for the next monthly installment of GFLUG/GFLTC displays at the LEGO® Imagination Center (LIC) in Orlando, Florida. This display features a mix of My Own Creations (MOCs) and available LEGO® World City sets. So here is my new LIC (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact