 Trains / 21030
  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Hello Mark- I enjoyed viewing your trains-- I also build 8wide+, but I have calculated my scales a little differently than you have. Though the gauge of LEGO track "says" virtually 1 stud = 1 foot (about 10 wide), I abandoned that scale almost (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Even on British trains (more so on American), the wheels are less visible than with 6-wide Lego trains due to the vehicles being wider than the track. For some of the engines I haven't been able to put the wheels where they should be due to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Trock Trick! :-) (...) I agree wholeheartedly. I would never leave LEGO track outside at the mercy of the elements, which is why I'm going to utilize G scale track which can and is designed to do. And BTW, I'd never heard of connecting dual (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) This has been (URL) discussed before> but I totally agree that A: Six wide is a bit too narrow to represent anywhere B: American trains need to to be wider, they are so much bigger than UK trains(with mainland Europe somewhere in between) If I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) The Mk3 coaches were a bit thrown together as I needed a passenger train quickly. They date from before my first exhibition alongside other scales and gauges in October 2000. The bogies have been rebuilt several times as the trim kept falling (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)