 Trains / 21003 (-20)
  Re: 12v track cleaning solution!

(...) since I never heard of a relco I searched for it and found this page: (URL) the/a relco isnt really cleaning your track. It is just eliminating bad contact spots for a while and it will even get more dirt on the tracks. So although it seems (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train motor stopping

(...) Hi Allan, check out this posting (URL) lots of the other postings in this whole thread. I think you will find the answer to your question there. Leg Godt! Ben P.s.: In the end you might be more of another victim of the "Super Friction (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  12v track cleaning solution!

Hi Folks, Posts are regularly made about how to keep 12V conductor rails clean, as the motor bogie does not like much dirt. My solution is to use a 'Relco' unit, as sold for use on model railways. It requires a 16v AC supply. The Lego controller's (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  train motor stopping

After running a motor for 1-2 hours straight I've had a couple start losing power. I have to increase the power to sustain the same speed and eventually they just stop. I let them cool for a couple minutes and then they go again, only to stop few (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

(...) Sorry! I think it started Wednesday last week. If you're looking for something in particular, contact me offline and I'll see what I can do. This might give me a good reason to stock my Bricklink store! *grin* JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

(...) WHAT?!!!! I was just there two weeks ago and there was no Pick-a-Brick at all! I don't live anywhere near that mall, so going to the LEGO store at all is a huge big deal. I am now very unhappy. Thanks for ruining my day! >-@ (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

(...) Yup - they thought the tanks weren't "appropriate" for a Lego display... But I had another nice gentleman (who I suspect was in a tank crew at some point in his life) asking about a couple of the tanks, and commenting on how well they were (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

(...) What where they complaining about? Just the fact that they were tanks? (...) So is the PaB at the MoA LIC like the one in Orlando where you fill the cups or did they actually sell it by weight? jt (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

We survived, we had a blast. And I didn't even take any pictures... (But John-3 took a couple, we'll get 'em posted somewhere!) The Roadshow event was set up in two different areas of the Mall of America. Three of the four stations were at the west (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

(...) Some model railroad companies actually use that sort of DC to power their trains to make them run more smoothly at low speeds... Fleischmann's "MSF" principle is based around converting 50Hz AC to DC with only diodes, and put the non-smoothed (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures and report from the EUROBUSS tour.

(...) use mozilla, and get rid of the popups... (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

Mark Bellis wrote: > I've seen the DCC mod some people have made to motors, and read about > the overheating problem. the overheating is not due to the use of PWM, but because the task asked from those motors was too great. why do you think long (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

I've seen the DCC mod some people have made to motors, and read about the overheating problem. Does DCC provide smooth DC to the motor or PWM? If it's PWM, the motor will heat up twice as much as usual. I once tried a 9V train motor with a 12V (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) That's what a RCX with a extra light sensor is for (or homemade light sensors). Either option beats the pants off how I did my first automatic crossing system- it was a electrical kludge (and I still can't think of a better way to do it- in (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

Awesome looking crossing. I like the small size of the motors. What do you use to control this? I was in a hobby store last week looking at DCC stuff and they had crossing sensors for this sort of thing. Also, what happens with the gate is down? Do (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think I like the red one better. I think it's the minimalist in me. But black seems to be a more traditional color. Now, who wants to trade me 10 black 2 x 2 radar dishes? I only have 2, so I had to swap them (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) I agree, very spiffy. Crossings get gates at various points in history, based on local grousing, the railroad's capital budget, the actual traffic observed at the crossing, federal or state highway funding etc etc so there's certainly lots of (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Question about the World City sets

I am looking for pictures of the decorated parts from the 4 new train sets, the surveiliance van and the police HQ. (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe dome car by Teunis Davey

(...) Many Thanks Ross, for posting these pics. Thanks again , Teunis. (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Santa Fe dome car by Teunis Davey

Hi all, Teunis asked me to post pics of this, so here they are: Complete: With dome and top floor removed: With one side removed too: (6 URLs) Oh, and here's his train wall: (2 URLs) Enjoy! ROSCO (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact