 Trains / 2091
Re: New attempt at Double Decker Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:33:44 GMT

The European Railway Picture Gallery probably has some photos of this
locomotive, but it seems to be down right now.  Bummer.

I couldn't get a look at it so can't answer now.

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/nl/pix.html

Maybe not this isn't the locomotive in the photo of the yellow • "dubbledekker"
train set?  Perhaps Eric Brok knows what locomotive generally pulls these • Dutch
"dubbeldekker" trains?  Maybe we'll see it once his photos are developed?

The Dutch railways operate two types of doubeldeckers. One type (for 'long'
distances[1]) is pulled by the dutch loco which James build (1600 series-
off the top of my head). The other type (for short distances) is
selfpropelling. That's the one I tried to model.

Eric

[1] Ofcourse, by US standards long distances don't exist in the Netherlands.