 Trains / 2077
Re: New attempt at Double Decker Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 16:36:12 GMT

I dunno, James. That is some funky looking train.

I keep wondering if I will ever be able to try to model something US
train-related. Maybe it's the "Danish" in the brick that keeps me European? ;-)

I mean the prototype! Your model captures what is a pretty weird train
pretty well. Exceedingly well, actually. Why the white tiles on the
trucks?? To get the right look when it's not sitting on a curve?

Personally, I find the double decker train appearance somewhat elegant.  Well,
not all the double decker trains.  I saw a picture of a greenish-yellow(?)
flat-nose double decker train set.  Ick.  The newer generations are much
sleeker looking...to me.

White tiles on the trucks are to maintain the white stripe.  From the photos I
have seen, some cabs (different models or generations of design)have the white
stripe continue across the front of the cab just above the buffers, so don't.
I simply chose to try for the white stripe across the front look.  And, yes, it
is "to get the right look when it's not sitting on a curve".

<snipped that shame stuff>

James Mathis wrote:

Made a little attempt at a German double decker passenger train this past • week.

Pictures through

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

follow link to "what's new"

later,