 Trains / 2083
Re: New attempt at Double Decker Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:54:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
What is that at the end of the train in that pic. It vaguely looks like an
American "B" unit switcher (I'm sure it's not)????

That is my model of the "Starlight Express" Marklin paint job on a DB
locomotive.

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/starlightloco.html

I used the 4559 Cargo Railway front-ends with matching bottom front ends from
the ResQ hovercraft set.  I actually don't really care for the pointy nose that
these LEGO pieces give the model.

BTW I had taken a trun at a double-decker as well at:
steve.bar.home.att.net

And, I am looking forward to seeing that train set completed.  It's worth it.

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, Eric Brok writes:
James,

We're really on the same track ;-)

I've just build a first version of a Dutch double decker train a couple of
weeks ago, which strikingly resembles your train, with very different
colors, though.

Eric,

Is this the Dutch train style you're modelling?

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/nl/car/DD-AR/7333-1755.jpg

I took pictures but they are still in the camera on an unfinished roll;
(someday we'll laugh about the memory of taking a slice of plastic to a shop
for photochemical processing, eagerly waiting for the results..)

I'm looking forward to seeing your new train model.

I'm fortunate enough to have two friends who have Sony Mavica digital • cameras.
After using them now for many photos, I am liking them a lot.

later,
James Mathis