 Trains / 20863 (-20)
  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) [snip] (...) [snip2] Ihis is indeed a great Poster Jeroen and Larry! As usual I am more thrilled by the farm equipment as by the trainstuff. This huge commbine harvestor is really great - although it might fit because of its from its own (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Yes... except for the warbonnet doodlebug. Absent a good supply of red train doors that one will never see production. (...) XFUT lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Great poster ... but can't help notice some discrepancy between the poster and the MTW shop. Those items on the poster but not in the shop - are they teasers? As an avid MTW collector I'd like to know!!!!! SteveH BeLUG (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) LOL! Love the P-o-meter! (And the poster is good too!) ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New try at German Double Decker Commuter Train

(...) Wow James! I really love the lines of the new double-deckers. Much better than the previous ones, in my mind. Only, I think the upper windows seems to be a bit oversized? And of course - I wish they came in Danish DSB colours instead! ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  bnsf b23-7

'ello! has anyone ever done some BNSF engines? other then the dash 9 seen at shows from brickshelf? im working on a b23-7 with similar looks to that engine. (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Crossover Instructions?

(...) Jeff Christner (contact info will be in the presentation about his crossover) is thinking about putting together step by step instructions, stay tuned. Ben might do so too, who knows. Kevin Salm did a set too, and he used a very (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) The short should not affect the motors or decoders. A short will suck most of the current through the short instead of the proper load. Of course an intermitent short might cause voltage spikes that could damage the decoder (but would be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Crossover Instructions?

I saw a couple of crossover modifications at BrickFest and was wondering if anyone has step by step instructions available. Thanks in advance, Brian (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) But electric engines lack a soul... Besides, compared to the old Dutch classes 2200 and 2400 Ludmilla isn't too bad. One of them recently came through my town while the main line Amersfoort-Apeldoorn was closed , see (URL) for some shots. (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

Hi all, I am proud to announce a new poster with some fine models by Larry Pieniazek. Please point your browser at (URL) and click the MOC poster item. De groeten, Jeroen (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce) !!

  veni, vidi, vivus!

I came, I saw, I built! Here are my pictures and comments from BrickFest 2003! •General Pics and folders to the rest (after moderation): (URL) of my favorites: (URL) story behind this is that they had a bubblegum machine that you could put four (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I think the RCXs are okay, as they're internally protected against shorts. Don't know what a brief short might do to a decoder/motor, though. The current has to get through the decoder before it can get to the motors, and the decoder regulates (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Ah! There's a thought. I might swap it for a sand blue one, so at least it's all legit. The round brick can sit between four studs, but because it's placed between the slopes it doesn't grip so well on its own. Thanks. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Is it possible we may have in some manner damaged the RCX, the motors or the decoders when we had the steel wool flame-up? Prior to placing my train on the track the track was cleaned with steel wool and the power to the track was accidently (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Being a trainhead, I have to correct you on this one. The nickname "Taigatrommel" does NOT correspond with this class. The "Taigatrommel" is a class BR 220 (former DR class V120), the more rounded predecessor of this class BR 232. Nicknames (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Snip (...) Yes, I have experienced this. I'd suspect overheating- what were the room conditions? I had it happen at LLCA in 2000- ~30C (reasonably hot), and largish trains (5-10 cars). The best solution I could come up with was not to run the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003 Registration

Whoops, forgot to post to these groups! (FUT'd back to NWBC) (...) -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) "Adopt a fleebnork. They're DYING!" -Sally Struthers (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

"Brian B. Alano" <throwaway@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:HJKpvH.1IqC@lugnet.com... (...) over-heating. Also the bottoms of 10025 and 10022 seem to rub. I've had to replace some plates so i made them tiles... Randall Lee Crabtree (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) The track was powered by a RCX. Also we only had 1 engine running and experienced this problem. mark (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact