 Trains / 20373
Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:45:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven House wrote:

   You chose to use “International” in your club title rather than,say, “Confederation” or “Association” of LTCs or even US-LTCO or North-American LTCO. I wondered what you meant by “International”.

Well, by rights if even one Canadian LTC is a member than that would make the organization “international”;-) Even still, we already have individual members from the UK, Germany, Netherlands, and no doubt more countries on the way. As a web based org, it seems only natural (to me at least) to attempt to include all rather than limit our scope unnecessarily. “International” may sound grandiose, but the idea is to grow into that title. I foresee a time in the not too distant future when the ILTCO has 1,000s of individuals members and 100s of LTC members from around the world. That is the hope and the plan.

JOH