 Trains / 1959
Re: Truck Trivia (was Re: Small new train web site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:08:50 GMT

I actually borrowed the tile idea from LEGO land, Billund. They actually
"side" entire houses with this technique, but they have a ton of 1x8
tiles...

The GMLTC already uses this technique for mounting tiles vertically, as
do I. I actually was referring to the notion of building a non moving

I don't know if this has been mentioned before: if you want
to hold a 2x plate/tile in place (particularly a vertical 2x1),
a second row above the center-hole-beams with half-pegs is
helpful/necessary; the one way I've found to do this
is to put a side-peg-1x1 on its back under the
1x1 technic beam, with the top stud facing the same way as
the half-peg. Apart from the bottom edge of the side-stud-1x1
sticking out in the back, this represents a 1x1x1.6 with evenly
spaced studs on the side, and stackable, too.

-gbr