 Trains / 19483 (-20)
  J3a Hudson

Hi everyone, I recently revised my posting at Brickshelf and thought I would post the link here for everyone if they were intrested in going and seeing my version of the NYC 1937 J3a Hudson. (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Working Handcar!

(...) Thanks Stefan! Actually, the extra set of small train wheels is just to balance out the look. Personally, I think it looks fine either way. If we could have used just one drive wheel instead of needing them on each side, we would have ended up (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Working Handcar!

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks Joe. Actually, I'm very happy with the size...the first prototype was 15 studs long! The handcar litterally got better each time Shaun and I went "back and forth" with the design. Looking back, it seems that Shaun's (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

Yeah, I've been saying for the longest time that MARTA needs to go from hub and spoke system to a series of loops... imagine MARTA's east line runing up to Stone Mountain, out to Snellville/Lawrenceville, to Duluth, then right along 85 to Doraville (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Working Handcar!

Very cool! Don't worry about it being oversized though. You should see an O-gauge handcar! :^P The little guys with the Studio heads are a great touch. and the basketball legs are a stroke of genius, I must say. I can't understand why you need three (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End-of-Line Ddevice, switch point MOCs

I agree but Chuck did mention that is was made in the style of many machines drawn up by Rube Goldberg. I have some draw of attention to his works. Its very amuzing to see a machine that takes the longest, most chaotic and complicated path just to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End-of-Line Ddevice, switch point MOCs

(...) If you have an RCX 1.0, it's quite a bit simpler just to power the track directly from the RCX output itself, as long as you don't have too many motors, rather than having the RCX control a device that controls the speed reg. However that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

No curves, that's kind of the joke of the MARTA system. I only has two lines, one East and West and another North and South. And they wonder why the system is so unused...it really needs to have stops at places people want to go for them to want to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

(...) Sweet. Did it have any curves? Those protective ridges would presumably need to be widened a bit. (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

I like the detail on the elevated train, including the traffic light hanging under the track. We had a working elevated train at one time, a simple Mindstorm system controlled it going back and forth. It was modeled after the local MARTA train line (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

Hey all, Hears some shots of brian's version. When these photos were taken it was still a work in progress. (URL) hears a really bad shot of the car its self. Like I said it was a work in progress. The shot however gives you a good idea of how its (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Micro Train plus more of the Woodhall Express

"Tony Hafner" <lego@NOSPAM.hafhead.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HB91Mo.DM5@lugnet.com... (...) build something like that! -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale)

  End-of-Line Ddevice, switch point MOCs

I've updated my site with an end-of-line device, an automated switch point, and Rube Goldberg-esque speed and direction controller. I've included instructions and .dat files. What I need to do is run some searches here so I can update the site to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

(...) Ah, I'd forgotten that I took them down (and I don't even remember why I did in the first place), but I reposted them and Kev has already moderated the folder: (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

(...) Wow, very cool! Brian Williams has created some El cars as well, for a short (non functioning) section of track on the NILTC layout. I looked for pictures but could not find them -- perhaps someone will get a shot at the show coming up this (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

The first five photos at this gallery: (URL) a couple more angles of the same MOC. Ken (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Working Handcar!

(...) Thanks Bob! Glad you enjoyed it! The entire folder's been approved now, and there are 4 other movie clips. In the clips I uploaded I had the train running very slowly, but they're even more frantic when you turn up the juice on the track :) I (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Working Handcar!

Shaun and Joe, Thank you for making me laugh until my stomach hurt. I've watched the video about 20 times! I will try to build one for the next WAMALTC train show. Great! Bob (...) [snip] (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Working Handcar!

(...) Way cool! (Pretty humorous too) I'm really impressed with the size. You were a little disappointed with the overall size, but for what it does, it's a very clever MOCs. It's also the first one that I've seen that works on a layout using (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: Working Handcar!

Hi All! Joe Comeau and I have spent the last two weeks collaborating on a little project, and we are now proud to present … The Handcar! (URL) overall gallery can be seen here (after moderation): (URL) are movie clips of the car in action, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact