 Trains / 1948
    Re: Small new train web site —Steven Barile
   Thanks Larry, I actually borrowed the tile idea from LEGO land, Billund. They actually "side" entire houses with this technique, but they have a ton of 1x8 tiles... BTW spelling has always been a problem for me (darn phonics). I didn't know that (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Truck Trivia (was Re: Small new train web site —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) The GMLTC already uses this technique for mounting tiles vertically, as do I. I actually was referring to the notion of building a non moving door that looks like it was moved to the open position and hiding the trickery. (...) Not to worry. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Truck Trivia (was Re: Small new train web site —Frank Filz
     (...) I had always thought the bolster was the crossmember on the body, so of course I had to find out. We're both right if you look at (URL) my search I also found that tractor-trailer trucks also use similar terminology. In a truck, the kingpin of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Truck Trivia (was Re: Small new train web site —Larry Pieniazek
     Cool. I have added that link to my resources, very handy. Thanks for finding it. Even though this guy is a KS state trooper, some of the terms have a UK or Australian flavor to them which I found interesting. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Truck Trivia (was Re: Small new train web site —Frank Filz
     (...) I don't know if its a knack I have for finding a good set of keywords, the types of things I search for, or what, but I figure I have somewheres like an 80% success rate with finding information on the web using only Altavista. In fact my (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Truck Trivia (was Re: Small new train web site —Gregor Benedikt Rochow
    (...) I don't know if this has been mentioned before: if you want to hold a 2x plate/tile in place (particularly a vertical 2x1), a second row above the center-hole-beams with half-pegs is helpful/necessary; the one way I've found to do this is to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Truck Trivia (was Re: Small new train web site —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) The tiles in question run horizontally, but I totally agree that you need at least two studs if you're going vertical. My hopper uses two, both using the 1.2l halfpin/studs that Steve B. used. But your idea of side mounting a 1x1 with side (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Truck Trivia (was Re: Small new train web site —Gregor Benedikt Rochow
   (...) I found this out when I needed to put a clear and a trans-yel. 1x1 plate mounted on a 1x2 plate as vertical front turn signals/parking lights on the sculpted front fenders of a car, and this was the only way to keep this light assembly from (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)