 Trains / 19323 (-20)
  Re: Annoying color changes to 2003 sets

(...) I do agree that the old version was more appealing to me but I do have to make the argument that I think the color change was a good idea. I say this mostly because the change makes the set more appealing to kids and is more likely to catch (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Annoying color changes to 2003 sets

In lugnet.town, Brad Hamilton writes: [snip]>Passenger Train: (...) the box the train has a pantograph and 2 small windows while the "real thing" misses those. Jeroen (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Annoying color changes to 2003 sets

With the latest round of 2003 postings, I noticed that two of my favorite town/train sets have new, significantly more obnoxious, colors as compared to older shots. Train station: Old: (URL) Train: (old on the box top, new as actual model in front) (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Train4 Photos

(...) In the picture of the dockyard, the dockyard fence... is that made of rolling garage door sections?!?!?! or what? (OK now I see in a different pic, they are gratings. They look great!) Very, very nice work guys. I really like the sloped road (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  [rtlToronto] Train4 Photos

Hi folks, Here are some selected photos from the rtlToronto/train4 Lego Train Show up in warm and sunny Toronto, Ontario, Canada, this past January 18th, 2003: (URL) like to thank Jeff Elliott for organizing this layout, as well as the key builders (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train crane MOC

(...) Have you thought about using the technique I used in my all terrain crane for elevating the boom? It provides much finer control than pneumatics, and is easily motorised! It probably also slightly less real-estate. See it at (URL) added (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO photos from Toy Fair 2003

(...) Cool. Thanks for the links. I notice that the Star Wars mini MTT comes with four 2x2 45° concave corner slopes in brown! Outstanding! Finally, I can get a few in Cat.A! ;-) Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

Mark wrote: (...) Hope nobody minds me hijacking the thread... After some serious planning I decided to release a special Santa Fe B-unit, available from my Bricklink shop Brick Piles. It's designed to fit perfectly together with LEGO's A-unit. More (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Train crane MOC

I've completed a rebuild of my site and have posted a crane. I wanted a rail crane and started out by looking at set# 8460. The result is an 8-wide with manual outriggers, a pneumatic assembly to raise and lower the boom, and powered crane assembly (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great "Train Part" in New Spiderman Set

Yep - this has been discussed before and it does look like it would make a great part for Lego Trains. The best thing is that it is also available in Orange and yellow in the Jack Stone type models; (URL) think I also saw a leaked JS set that had it (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  2003 - Return of of the 6546 Container Door

The new 2003 Freight Train features the 6546 container door in dark grey. (URL) part hasn't been available in quite a while, according to Peeron, since 1995. (URL) in 2003 we get in not only in dark grey in new train set but also in black in one of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Great "Train Part" in New Spiderman Set

I just took a look at: (URL) red front windshield piece would be great for a train front! Bob Hayes (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tram of Strasbourg motorized and real...

AWESOME!!! In all my traction tire trains, I've never realized the potential of those bushings! I never even realized they were the same size! Very, very cool! The tram design itself is also very nice! Thank goodness for those 1-piece roofs, eh? :^) (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Tram of Strasbourg motorized and real...

I have just finished the construction of the tram in real with bricks after Mlcad. For the motorization I used 2 motors 8735 and a small battery box 9V. Its speed (compared with the 4559 Express train) is 1 (Speed Regulator graduated from 1 to 6), (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Hi Jake, No need for debate since I agree. Of course you're right. I was just venting. My original intention for that post was just to make sure LEGO Direct didn't think all AFOLs had the same resources. In retrospect I'm sure LEGO Direct knew (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:HADMr1.IFD@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) get (...) [ ... snipped ....] Based on the conversation I had with Steve the other day I would say the answer to that question is (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Don't think that those of us with rather more substantal collections don't have to prioritize as well. I have ~202K bricks _from sets_, and probably another 10K from brickbay/link & other trades. I still cannot build everything that I have (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Here's to the overwhelming "lurking" majority with limited resources! Thank you Paul for your postings. I wholeheartedly understand your ranting and raving. Thank you Manfred for pointing out those of us who are "lurking" but who do want to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

In lugnet.lego.direct, Paul S. D'Urbano writes: <SNIP-O-RAMA> (...) Not to start a debate (ok, maybe a little one), but isn't that the eternal "LEGO Question"? I mean I can imagine my collection growing to be hundreds of millions of pieces and still (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Tangentially, I agree, the process of evaluating whether you have parts to build a MOC and gaining the knowledge of who has what parts for sale to complete it is indeed tedious. However... watch for an upcoming release of BrikTrak... it will (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact