 Trains / 19323
Re: Annoying color changes to 2003 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:22:50 GMT

In lugnet.town, Brad Hamilton writes:
With the latest round of 2003 postings, I noticed that two of my favorite
town/train sets have new, significantly more obnoxious, colors as compared
to older shots.

Train station:
Old:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4513
New:
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=tf2k3-misc-lego&id=Grand_Central_Station

I do agree that the old version was more appealing to me but I do have to
make the argument that I think the color change was a good idea. I say this
mostly because the change makes the set more appealing to kids and is more
likely to catch your attention on a store shelf.

Passenger Train:
(old on the box top, new as actual model in front)
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=tf2k3-misc-lego&id=Trains

I wonder if they are trying to make the colors appeal more to children or
something?  I really preferred the sleaker appearance of the older color
schemes.  At least the parts I'm most interested in (namely the windows) are
the same as before.

I most definitely agree that this change was a bad idea. In my opinion the
green line makes the set too dark. This is only compounded by the trans dark
gray windows.  Changing the color of the windows back to trans light blue
would help tremendously but I doubt we will see the Lego Company changing it
before it goes into production.

OnDrew