 Town / 5733
5732  |  5734
Subject:
Annoying color changes to 2003 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:28:59 GMT

With the latest round of 2003 postings, I noticed that two of my favorite
town/train sets have new, significantly more obnoxious, colors as compared
to older shots.

Train station:
Old:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4513
New:
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=tf2k3-misc-lego&id=Grand_Central_Station

Passenger Train:
(old on the box top, new as actual model in front)
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=tf2k3-misc-lego&id=Trains

I wonder if they are trying to make the colors appeal more to children or
something?  I really preferred the sleaker appearance of the older color
schemes.  At least the parts I'm most interested in (namely the windows) are
the same as before.