 Trains / 19228 (-20)
  Re: Can't we all just get along?

That is really cool! :) I like the little ship that lauches from the flatbed car. -Anne (...) -- It might look like I'm doing (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. nothing, but at the cellular >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`. level, I'm really quite busy. (v_," ; `,-\ (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Can't we all just get along?

SPACE! uh... TRAINS! aw, heck... (URL) been wanting to build something along these lines since the late 70's. Perhaps I should have just grown up instead. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: new 2003 sets

That's not the same part as in the nose of the 4619. On second look though, you're about that part being too tall to be the one in the ICE. But it is a variant or complement to that nose piece in 4619. Look at the bottom, by the green stripe on this (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Even newer Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

Hi all, For those who can't get enough of Shaun's beautiful Hudson engine; I have ooked up an other poster. It is somewhat more simpler but shows off more detail of this fine model. You can check it out on my website at: (URL) of the real model can (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Provincial Village

Larry, I think you are right on about the modern era town idea. These could still exist in a modern setting and work well in a tran or town layout! It would (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New piece useful for train windows...

For a while I could not figure out if those red windshields on the cable car were 4 or 6 wide. Now I'm leaning towards 6 wide. Also, compare these to the light gray windshelds used on Lego train designer Jorn Thomsen's electric passenger car: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new 2003 sets

(...) the top/back edge. It's already used the other way up in Zam Wessel's speeder <set:7133>. The train piece isn't as tall, and clearly you can build on top of it. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New piece useful for train windows...

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but in the upcoming 2003 sets, there appears to be a new window piece which could be useful for train builders. This set shows it (URL) on the cable car and I have noticed it in other colors on the.... (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Very cool Robert. The SW9 and calf are awesome and SD Coaster looks sweet too. B. (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Provincial Village

(...) Stunningly beautiful. These are great complements for the Blacksmith Shop. These work in that era and also can be used in more modern settings as well (town center buildings, or mixed in with others) Very nice work Jon! Spotlighted (like it (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) It's Avery 8665 clear label sheets. I guess you could call then stickers. (...) Yeah, I looked at Railfonts. I was trying to see if I could do it without buying any fonts but it didn't work out as well as I hoped. I'm off to Railfont's with my (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Both sets are great! I can't wait to play at Brickswest. Maybe I can get a bi-level and engine built that match these and we'll gang them up for a long train! SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) Yes: (URL) even use the UP font for *their* font:-) JOHN (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) Are these decals or stickers? I thought you said they were self adhesive. I haven't found a source of printable decal paper. (...) I think UP uses a special font. J2 has sourced a set of RR fonts and I could swear that UP's font is included in (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) You're thinking of MichLTC, and Peter Guenther. He made stained glass by printing onto a transparent material that sticks by static electricity (like colorforms(tm) do), and then positioning them onto transparent 1x4x3 panels. This material (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new 2003 sets

I think I figured out the part that makes up the nose of the ICE train. It's a differently patterned version of the nose of this plane: (URL) Jack Stone! Gagh. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Cool switcher set. You packed alot of detail into it, especially for a 6-wide. I like the stairs at the ends best. Cool. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Thank you James! My biggest problem with the decals was finding the correct font and then sizing it correctly. I think I have the size about right, but I am still looking for the correct font. (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

"Robert Powell" <rpowell@soundvet.com> wrote in message news:H9t1AM.7wK@lugnet.com... (...) The switcher and calf looks great. I like the decals. The hardest thing to get right is the scale proportions and think you got dead on. I cannot remember (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wintershill Signal Works

(...) We still have a couple of similar crossings operating in the Melbourne metro, I'll try to get some pics at some stage. There's also a few permanently shut (to road traffic) which were manually operated until they were closed down. The (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact