 Trains / 19215
Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 02:03:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robert Powell writes:
Thank you James!

My biggest problem with the decals

Are these decals or stickers? I thought you said they were self adhesive. I
haven't found a source of printable decal paper.

was finding the correct font and then
sizing it correctly. I think I have the size about right, but I am still
looking for the correct font.

I think UP uses a special font. J2 has sourced a set of RR fonts and I could
swear that UP's font is included in it. They aren't free, though. I think he
may have posted the URL for it at some time in the past.

Have you checked UP's own site?

this URL may be of some help, although it deals with logos rather than fonts.

http://www.uprr.com/aboutup/history/uplogo/
and in particular these two sections

http://www.uprr.com/aboutup/history/uplogo/logo07.shtml
and
http://www.uprr.com/aboutup/history/uplogo/logo08.shtml

as they are from the appropriate era.

(rummages) aha! ... see this page

http://members.aol.com/fgtvid/vid/upfonts.htm

I believe that Benn Coifman and the "railfonts site" referred to are where
J2 got his font collection.