 Trains / 19208
  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

"Robert Powell" <rpowell@soundvet.com> wrote in message news:H9t1AM.7wK@lugnet.com... (...) The switcher and calf looks great. I like the decals. The hardest thing to get right is the scale proportions and think you got dead on. I cannot remember (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Hello All, I just completed 2 new MOC's for BricksWest; a Union Pacific SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster that was designed by James Mathis. I made the UP decals using PhotoShop and clear label stock. I'm not terribly happy with them yet, so I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Thank you James! My biggest problem with the decals was finding the correct font and then sizing it correctly. I think I have the size about right, but I am still looking for the correct font. (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Cool switcher set. You packed alot of detail into it, especially for a 6-wide. I like the stairs at the ends best. Cool. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) You're thinking of MichLTC, and Peter Guenther. He made stained glass by printing onto a transparent material that sticks by static electricity (like colorforms(tm) do), and then positioning them onto transparent 1x4x3 panels. This material (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) Are these decals or stickers? I thought you said they were self adhesive. I haven't found a source of printable decal paper. (...) I think UP uses a special font. J2 has sourced a set of RR fonts and I could swear that UP's font is included in (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) Yes: (URL) even use the UP font for *their* font:-) JOHN (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Both sets are great! I can't wait to play at Brickswest. Maybe I can get a bi-level and engine built that match these and we'll gang them up for a long train! SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) It's Avery 8665 clear label sheets. I guess you could call then stickers. (...) Yeah, I looked at Railfonts. I was trying to see if I could do it without buying any fonts but it didn't work out as well as I hoped. I'm off to Railfont's with my (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Very cool Robert. The SW9 and calf are awesome and SD Coaster looks sweet too. B. (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Clear sticker materials (was: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster)

Robert Powell wrote in message ... (...) I (...) I've found a better material for clear stickers. The clear labels still look cloudy because of the adhesive, but if you can find a product called "Window Decals" it is self adhesive but still (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

(...) When I was down at Legoland, I remember seeing the Coaster and thinking that would be a really neat train to do. This is much nicer than what I could have done, though. Great set. If I ever get around to doing the Seattle area's Sounder, I'll (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Your SW9 MOC is amazing, even beating out many 8 wide designs in the same category. Many moons ago, I built a similar cow-and-calf design (solid red of course, as that was the only color I had in quantity) But armour yellow looks best on these (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

I like the stairs at the ends best. Cool. (...) Thanks Stefan! (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW9 with calf and the San Diego Coaster

Than you Harvey. I am quite fond of the UP as well. I'm currently working on a couple UP GP40's. Stay tuned.... Robert (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)