 Trains / 19128 (-20)
  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine

(...) <snip> (...) Robin, Great MOC! I like how you did the sloped vents in the roof/back. Nice details. Now we see where you applied your clever idea for ditch lights! -Paul (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine

In lugnet.trains, Robin Werner writes: <snip specs and links> Nice work Robin... spotlighted. I thought these were cascade green and orange, or am I misremembering... it's true that the dark grey does seem to have a little green in it, though! (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine

(...) <snip> (...) Captures the spirit and shape of those 'lightning bolts'...looking forward to seeing it at the show. -Harvey (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Dash-9 Diesel Engine

Robin, As others have said, Beautifully done! I'm curious how you got the vents at an angle like that. Looks like about a half stud in height above the side. I did realize that there are light gray sides to the trucks. Very nice. Devin Holmes (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine

In article <H9Ax4A.EuK@lugnet.com>, "Robin Werner" <robstormer@cs.com> wrote: Robin, That looks great. There are a lot of things that look cool. A few of the things that stuck out for me were the upside down brick on the top, the vents on the top of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine

Beautiful job Robin! I was fortunate enough to get a tour of one of these at a show last year and I think you captured it very well. Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Dash-9 Diesel Engine

Train fans, Just completed construction on my new C44-9W (Dash-9) Diesel Engine. This six wide MOC of a BNSF Engine was inspired by the February issue of Trains Magazine with it story titled Blank Bullets. The Blank Bullets story features many great (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: My bridge

(...) Looks great. As far as the "sagging" goes, use more diagonals in the boxes under the arches. That should help it. (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) Hello Brian, The NBLTC has displayed with two such bridges, both made of technic though. The first one is of an arched design and spans 6 straight track lengths. I can vouch for it's strength as my 2 year old daughter tried to walk accross it (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper

Hello Nate, Just for your information, are you familiar with this ingeneous remote switch solution designed by Rick Clark: (URL) ? With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  My bridge

Thanks, everyone, for showing me some of the bridges you've made. Here are some photos of what I finally came up with: (URL) uses nearly all the black and green Znap that I have. It sags a little when a train's going over it, but I ran the heaviest (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper

The journey down the long and winding road of trains.... Earlier this month I had the opportunity to participate in the GATS show in Syracuse, NY with LUCNY. This event really kicked my entrance into the Train aspect of LEGO into high gear. I had (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

Brian, Here's my znap bridge I did. It's pretty sturdy, albeit somewhat heavy as well due to the amount of plates I used on the base.. It's a double 6-wide train bridge. The trick that I did was using the 2x2 brick and half stud pieces combined with (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Need to borrow stuff for Train History Session at BricksWest

(...) Great. Thanks. I will probably bring one of each track component for the session just because I want to have as much stuff as possible all in one place. Frank (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Shaun, I would be glad to see even the small (without the LSynth parts) LDRAW file. This is really a beautiful model, and I think I'd learn a lot peeking into the LDRAW. TIA ----- Cheers Carlo Lugnet #24 (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:H96p3M.I6q@lugnet.com... (...) run (...) Here are a couple of pictures of the ZNAP bridges Cary built along with one I built. (URL) built the two bridges that cary the trains across the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Need to borrow stuff for Train History Session at BricksWest

Frank, I can bring the My Own Train and the Santa Fe engine and cars. I can also bring 9v track. - Wayne "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3E2CBD35.12B69B...ing.com... (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Any Ideas?

I know that this isn't the best place to ask but, since its train related I figure it the best place. Anyone know where I could get my hands on (or know someone) that has damaged Cheap 9v train points? I know I can buy them but, I'd rather have some (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) Well, Brian, I can say one of my 60 inch long ZNAP bridge twisted and collapse at a train show, with the GFLTC (no pics). Two trains fell 30+ inches to the ground out side in the dirt! The best bet for a ZNAP bridge is to support the track on (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) Well there's Wayne Hussey's bridge which was built out of znap (URL) it's a bit longer than you need, but I imagine it would've been impossible to use if it had a twisting problem. Maybe you could adapt his deck construction technique? Also I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact