 Trains / 19112
Re: Need to borrow stuff for Train History Session at BricksWest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:54:49 GMT

Frank,

I can bring the My Own Train and the Santa Fe engine and cars.  I can also
bring 9v track.

- Wayne

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
I've got most of the stuff I will need for the train history session,
but there's a few items I'd like to borrow if possible. I will be
focusing mostly on the evolution of the parts and such rather than sets,
though I will have some representative sets from various eras.

So here's the list of things I'd like to borrow:

- any old catalogs with trains
- 1960s bogies (as in set 153)
- whistle controlled train (139A, 139, 118,  138)
- 1960s automatic direction changer (as in set 157)
- 7777 12v Train Idea Book
- 7750 for large train wheels (or parts sets 1143, or 5071)
- red 12v train motor (in 7727, 7730, 7750)
- older style 12v or 4.5v motor which takes the contacts with the thick
pins
  (103 or 702 would be examples)
- 742 12v transformer for 100v mains
- grey 740/742 style transformer
- 708 2m extension cord for electric points
- 7862 12v decoupler track
- 323 or similar early train
- 396 Thatcher Perkins

Some sets that would be nice to show:

- My Own Train line (if someone has a complete set built that would be
way cool)
- Santa Fe engine and cars
- 115 or other similar 1966 train set (I'm strongly suspicious this is
the train set I had as a kid)

I haven't decided what sets I will use but some sets I intend to bring:

162  (built as alternate model)
727  (modified)
7740, 7815, 7819
4551 (9v set that doesn't use train baseplate)
164 (1st LEGO caboose?)
7720
7735

I will be bringing a good sampling of 12v stuff for show and for play
during free play time. I may set some of this stuff up in the Pavilion
for display also.

Thanks

Frank