 Trains / 19022
Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:01:12 GMT

Right now neither tender truck has DCC.  The plan is to swap out "stock"
motors for DCC motors which would mean that there would be two DCC decoders
programmed for the same channel.

Just a bit of advice from the peanut gallary- I'd run a track voltage
connecting wire between the 2 motors if it is possible.  I'm up to 4 (or 5)
different ways of wiring the motors for DCC.  Some with the track-connector
still, some with a extra plate, some with F1-connector, some with 2 external
connectors (the two class 25's).

The problem that I have seen is that the motors drop right off when they loose
signal...and if you use momentum, that can cause interesting conflicts if only
one motor drops offline.

James