 Trains / 18994
Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 02:03:08 GMT

Hi Tom,
Very nice job. I love the simple lines. Yet has plenty of detail. I guess
I'm on the other end of the spectrum from Larry on that point! I am working
on a 4-6-4 right now too, so I have a couple questions.

Are your drivers attached to the frame/boiler of the engine or floating
between the trucks? Ben Fleskes uses a method (the one I’ve been using)
where all the drivers are floating between the front and rear trucks;
pivot-pinned to one truck and pivot-pinned with a front-to-back slip joint
to allow for expansion for around corners. And both attach points have the
freedom to translate up and down along a short axle so it can take uneven
track situations.

Did I correctly notice that the small front truck is free to rotate below
the “piston”? Nice solution! Did you notice much friction from those small
wheels?

SteveB
PNLTC

In lugnet.trains, Tom Cook writes:
I finally finished my B&O Railroad "Lord Baltimore" V-2 Hudson (4-6-4) steam
engine.  Pics can be found at www.lgauge.com .  Feedback welcome.