 Trains / 18984
  B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

I finally finished my B&O Railroad "Lord Baltimore" V-2 Hudson (4-6-4) steam engine. Pics can be found at www.lgauge.com . Feedback welcome. (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

(...) That you got the mainrod and connecting rod to work is nifty. I found those rods to be a bit "heavy" for the model's scale. Dunno about that gray coal though... :-) This ain't the Phoebe Snow road, it's B&O! The locomotive is rather (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

Very cool. The pilot and tender detail are very nice. And of course that linkage. On a seperate note, neat wagontop hopper. It'll look great behind the steamer! -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

I like it, I like it....... Thanx, Mark Millere Visit Milissa's Lego™ Store, GoB - Millere's Spares™ www.BrickLink.com/st...p=MMillere -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Tom Cook (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

Hi Tom, Very nice job. I love the simple lines. Yet has plenty of detail. I guess I'm on the other end of the spectrum from Larry on that point! I am working on a 4-6-4 right now too, so I have a couple questions. Are your drivers attached to the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

(...) If I might pipe in, I think that the drivers are indeed affixed to the body ... my experience has been that this is an important feature with a lot of working-piston systems. Having the drivers move means that you either have to (a) have the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

(...) Yes, the loco is very "clean" - it was inspired by European designs of the day (not very American looking, I agree). Right now neither tender truck has DCC. The plan is to swap out "stock" motors for DCC motors which would mean that there (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

(...) Yes, the drivers are attached to the frame, for the reasons Shaun explains above and because that's how the real ones are built. By making the pilot and trailing trucks pivot closely to the drivers, I was able to keep the drivers over the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

I was wondering where your leading and trailing truck pivot points were. Are each of these pivot points still between the axles of the respective trucks or in front and behind? I'll also go back and look at your pics. Would you mind if I used this (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

OK, look before you post. Now I get it. I was so busy trying to fit what I was seeing into the floating truck solution that it didn't make any sense. Now I clearly see the pivot points etc. BTW can you post a couple pics of it sitting on a curve :) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

The pilot truck pivots behind the second axle of the pilot truck and the trailing truck pivots in front of the first axle of the trailing truck. This makes the pivots points as close as possible to the drivers so they do not swing so much. The (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

(...) Just a bit of advice from the peanut gallary- I'd run a track voltage connecting wire between the 2 motors if it is possible. I'm up to 4 (or 5) different ways of wiring the motors for DCC. Some with the track-connector still, some with a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

I have updated www.lgauge.com with 12 more pics of the V-2. Some more detail shots of the bottom and several pics of it on a curve, showing the cab overhang and how the drivers stay on the rails. (...) snip (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)