 Trains / 18949
  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

OK, Here you go... (URL) have heard of the translating center wheelset within 3 a axle bogie to irradicate the planer issuses thru curves. Great idea, can you repost a link to that. I'd love to see it and it would make for a good url trail on this (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) years ago, after James showed off his first tri-axles, I came up with this design, which is not too far away from yours: (URL) 12V wheels have the advantage to make a lower design possible. (URL)I have heard of the translating center wheelset (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) with respect to the end wheels. Also, the ball-and-socket elements are "swapped". I'm certainly not sure if this different geometry behaves any better when being pulled or pushed. My 3-car set of this design is now deconstructed. Any chance (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) Here's a quick MLCAD sketch of my version: (URL) like yours though, as it adds flexibility to the end axles. Mine is still limited by the separation of the two outermost axles, like any two-axled wagon. Perhaps a better method would be a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)