 Trains / 18700
    My opinion on Train Marketing —Scott Costello
   Last night as I was strolling through the clearance section of my favorite Target store, and marveling at my luck at so many train cars being offered at a discounted price, a thought hit me. Why would a kid who did not have a Lego train setup at (...) (21 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: My opinion on Train Marketing —Ahui Herrera
   (...) Perhaps Trains (in general) are not of this generation. I remember that I loved to see trains running while I was a little kid. I also loved to go to the aracde and spent a whole dollar on acrade machines. But then the "dark ages" came... No (...) (21 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: My opinion on Train Marketing —John Neal
     In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes: <snip> (...) Actually, I think that they were not of *my* generation. With the advent of TtTE about 15 years ago, I believe we are actually seeing a renaissance in train interest. <snip> (...) Young kids are (...) (21 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: My opinion on Train Marketing —Stefan Garcia
     I think Ahui is totally right here. Kids today just do not take interest in anything that doesn't involve a digital gun of some sort or another. The kids in my school, excluding my friends of course, like rap, video games, sex, drugs, and the like. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: My opinion on Train Marketing —Harvey Henkelman
      (...) Stefan, I agree with everything you've said above and couldn't have put it better myself. There was a time when America was a better place to live in...not now -Harvey (21 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: My opinion on Train Marketing —Thomas Wölk
     besides agreeing with a lot said here i wonder how many ironclad knights have been around your neighbourhood lateley or when the last dinosaur galloped through your garden and yet these are popular themes today. i guess thomas is more importand than (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: My opinion on Train Marketing —Harvey Henkelman
   (...) Thinking is detremental to today's youth (...) Whoa now...hold on here a minute. Like many youngsters, I embraced the video game FAD when I was young and pretty much abandoned LEGO® (never knew they made trains at the time, or that NES would (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: My opinion on Train Marketing —Ahui Herrera
   <snip> (...) Yes Video game systems come and go but NOT the force behind them. Video games systems provide instance stimulation. Generation X (me), Y and the new millenium babioes (gen z) are all about INSTANCE GRATIFICATION. LEGO (the brick) cannot (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)