 Trains / 18568 (-20)
  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) Hi Sonnich, I have at least one picture of an opened 12V motor online: (URL) more text is to be found by opening the complete site: (URL) have never opened a 7865 myself: I got a few of them as opened ones though. No chance for further picture (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOCs incl a Manor House

Dear fellow AFOLs! I have added a few new models to my pages: (URL) the link on the front pages og see "creations" Now, maybe someone could help me with the text for the manor house before I add it to the ISCC. My problem is that I cannot describe (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

Once I dropped one one the floor - that did it :-) Aother way is to open it from teh bottom side. It is glued nearby the wheels. When that is opened you can quite easy open it. I haven't done it for some time, there are 2 holes but AFAIR they ae not (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC - Small Train Station

(...) This has got to be the most beautiful train station in LEGO® that I've ever seen. That teal(?) roof is tops. Looks every bit the part of a classic train station. -Harvey (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC - Small Train Station

(...) nice. Hehe, I always enjoy seeing your idea of "small"... :-) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC - Small Train Station

Here is a small train station I built for a layout under our Christmas tree. (URL) the small space available, it had to be significantly more compressed than my usual MOC's and there was no room for interior details. However, I did include a front (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build) !

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

John wrote: > Necessity is the mother of invention.... > > Until now, I had been happy with using standard LEGO trucks > when building my train cars, even though they are prototypically > incorrect for US versions. Most US rolling stock use a truck (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

your 12v motors don't have screws? john hill <johnhill@cnd.co.nz> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: H6H18w.KFI@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) open (...) much (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Success at Pleasanton GATS

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, has just finished a very successful display at the Great American Train Show in Pleasanton, CA. The club layout came away winning First Place in the train layout contest. Pictures should be coming (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  12 Volt train motors and DCC

Hi guys, I have a number of 9V motors that I have converted to use DCC and also some 12V motors I would like to convert. Does anyone know how to open the 12V motors in such a way that then can be closed again without TOO much mutilation? Thanks (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

(...) Yes, as far as I can tell, that is my application as well (articulation). I would like to see more pics of your MOC, as well as more in general from you Italian 8 widers-- I love your stuff! I will be posting my cars in a week or so. (...) My (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

(...) ??? I am *constantly* running out of bricks! Every project requires frequent patronage of various Bricklink vendors:-) Thanks for the compliment, Stefan. -John (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

Awesome truck design!!! Kinda a parts-eater, but I get the feeling you don't have to worry about running out of bricks. I like the use of the arm-thingies especially. Very cool. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

(...) John, I had a similar problem some time ago with my 3 axle car wagons: (URL) the middle axle is "naked" ie without the outer part. I used the 1x2 door rail plates too,but I put 2 of them side by side (realizing a 1x4 plate with door rail) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train Truck (bogie) Design

Necessity is the mother of invention.... Until now, I had been happy with using standard LEGO trucks when building my train cars, even though they are prototypically incorrect for US versions. Most US rolling stock use a truck that closely resembles (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

(...) Well, I just drilled out the six plugs. (I already thought they would have something to do with keeping it closed but I though they maybe could be pushed in or something) From the remains of the plugs it is clear you have to destroy them. They (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  4-4-4 Steamer MOC Instructions

Hi All, Over the holiday weekend, I was able to finish up the LDRAW model for the 4-4-4 steamer I posted about a couple of weeks ago. After moderation, the instructions and a couple of renderings can be found here: (URL) couple of points to mention: (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) I built a boat the other day but it wouldn't float upright even with four airtanks holding it up on outriggers. I tried to motorise it but when I placed the motor on board the whole thing tipped and I had to lift the motor off again before it (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Teaser Picture: Blown up Mathis Models.

Hi all, Felix, a 16 years old fellow from the FGLTC has made up a pair of 8-wide models inspired by two MOCs of James. he allowed me to announce a very first teaser picture of it (later this is planned to become an ISCC II entry): (URL) am amazed (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

Please let us know the result Esger Abbink <e.abbink-no-spam-pl...chello.nl> wrote in message news:H6977q.6qA@lugnet.com... (...) may (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact