 Trains / 18566
Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:50:00 GMT

Once I dropped one one the floor - that did it :-)

Aother way is to open it from teh bottom side. It is glued nearby the
wheels. When that is opened you can quite easy open it. I haven't done it
for some time, there are 2 holes but AFAIR they ae not in use for holding it
together.

I don't think you will succeed in the DCC project, there is really NO ROOM
in there, it is 2 big metal blocks with the motor in the middle and a few
wheels.

If you try, could you send me some pictures of it? I forgot last time...

BR

john hill <johnhill@cnd.co.nz> wrote in message
Hi guys,  I have a number of 9V motors that I have converted to use DCC • and
also some 12V motors I would like to convert.  Does anyone know how to • open
the 12V motors in such a way that then can be closed again without TOO • much
mutilation?  Thanks