 Trains / 17823 (-20)
  Re: Wonderfully strange train website

"TooMuchDew" <wtoenjes@attbi.com> wrote in message news:H355Fq.JGz@lugnet.com... (...) who (...) That's cool! All these years most of what I've seen w/ the topic of LEGO trains has either come from the US or somewhere in Western Europe. I (very) (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Wonderfully strange train website

While searching for something else I stumbled across this website, the "Secret Weapon of the Eastern Japan LEGO Train Club" created by someone who clearly is having waaay too much fun, even for an AFOL. I hate to throw around the word charming but (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: NSW 40 class locomotive

(...) I'll update my page right away... -Harvey (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: NSW class 40 locomotive

(...) Thank you Larry, this has been my baby for the past month, mostly waiting for the parts to arrive and all. Too bad about the lack of the slanted cab, but I wanted to duplicate the narrow ALCO cab look...and there was no way to do it with (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from Legofest 10 th (march 2002)

(...) Monorails run pretty slowly which makes them able to take quite a load. I just built a fairly tall 6-wide monorail (at least as tall as the Metroliner monorail) which runs just fine. Frank (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW 40 class locomotive

(...) A note on terminology: In Australia, its '40 class', not 'Class 40'. Cheers Richie Dulin (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Images from Legofest 10 th (march 2002)

(...) Absolutely fantastic images! My highlights, not being a 8w fan, would go to the road vehicles: the APE is awesome, and the trucks look "smooth" (not exactly the word, I hope you get the idea) The trains are nice too, heh! Somehow I'm familiar (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Images from Legofest 10 th (march 2002)

Hi guys, here you are pics from Itlug Legofest 10th,that took place in the neighbourhoods of Bologna on march,17th. (hint: open this in a new page) www.itlug.org click on "eventi" in the menu at left,then "Bologna, 17 marzo 2002: Legofest X ". We (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Unfortunately Brunel was a lonely voice of over-engineering - pretty well the whole of the rest of the country followed Stephenson into 4' 8.5" and God's Wonderful Railway had no choice but to change. NR Loading gauge, the size of Underground (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Loads and loads bigger. (sorry! ... 'k, no I'm not). I just had no idea that UK was so much smaller than the rest of Europe! After all, the UK is the original home of Broad Gauge... (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW class 40 locomotive

(...) Nice work. captures the look pretty well, although it's tough to get that slanted cab upper, eh? Rooting around on the proto site you linked, (good site!) I found these beauties: (URL) have rather unique cabs. Would make a very interesting (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TEE diesel train from the 60ies

(...) I would agree. The nose hangs out a bit farther than I would have expected and it's missing the front stack but other than that, wow. Nice work! Please convey our regards back to the 1000steine gang for us, eh? (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) I think US loading gauge is quite a lot larger than Euro standard as well Tim (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TEE diesel train from the 60ies

Oh that nose...I really loved that nose!!! TEE rules! -Harvey (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NSW class 40 locomotive

Based on the ALCO model RSC-3 road switcher, twenty of these were exported to Australia in the early 1950's. Me being an ALCOphile and all, I really loved the sleek lines of these 'tubs' as the RS-3's were nicknamed. Would sure like to hear comments (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TEE diesel train from the 60ies

(...) later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  First TEE diesel train from the 60ies

Marmaris, a German Lego train newbie has made up his first MOC-engine ever. I just wantes to share that creation with the lugnetters, because it is not uploaded at brickshelf and would be missed by most train heads otherwise... The real train: (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) (URL) Thanks for reposting these fine models to your gallery, Huw. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Set 118 US only. Has anybody any info on this train set?

(...) Just realized: That is definitely the very first Lego-cabose ever(Look at the alternative model of that set. Speaks even the more for an US exclusive.... Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Set 118 US only. Has anybody any info on this treain set?

Has anybody any info on this treain set? Take a look here: (URL) picture (hostet by the German AFOL Karl-Heinz Vogt) has been taken from an ebay.com auction and shows a kind of special (US?) version of the 119 set prairie train, but with the number (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact