 Trains / 17172
Re: 10025 Santa Fe Cars I - just received them!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:33:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Kecia Hansen writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Kecia Hansen writes:
Hi

Just received the sets I ordered from S@H. Woohoo!!!

Kecia
Denmark

[Snip]

Hi Ben

I suppose you mean those 1 x 2 bricks, that are in a little bit different
color, than light grey? The colour is new to me, so it does looks a little
strange. But I think they are fine. Just takes a little time to get used to
the new colour I guess.

Thanks a lot for these informations!

The new colour had been described as new kind of 'silver' (in the first
spy-shots that appeared at 1000steine) so I expected some metallic
effect as we know it from some of the late technic sets wheels.

So the bricks are in fact just very-light-grey and 100% monochrome.
Do you own by chance the mosaic set (with the so far exclusive very-light-grey
1x1x0,33 plates)? If so you could check if it is the same colour. If not we
just have to wait some more days....

Otherwise, the box is in the same style/colours as the 10020. In the lower
right corner is written "Original deign by James Mathis" (also in german).
I'll try to scan the box and put it on my homepage later.

Would be fine!

Contains 326 pieces according to box.
There are sticker numbers for 6 different cars. Numbers are: 606, 503, 1340,
66, 2417, 1928 (2 of each). There are also some "machinery" stickers, Santa
Fe text plus a logo.

Sounds useful.

Side windows are clear. End windows are clear blue.

Is the end window a 2x2 c-shaped window (same as side windows)? Or is it a
airplane-window with blue glass - like used several times in the red S@H
cabose? Have not seen too good pictures of the waggon face sides so far...

Feel free to ask me for me.

Just done that: thanks for your time!

'Leg Godt!'

Ben

Hi

I think you can say, they have kind of a "metallic glow" to them.

Sorry, I don't have the mosaic set.

End windows are in a 2 x 2 black panel, where you "push in" the blue
windows, just like you do on the train doors. In other words... It's an
airplane window. :-)

Kecia