 Trains / 17043 (-20)
  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) "Sorry, item is not available in this country." Lovely ;-( -alex (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

Um, John? You own WAY, WAY too many 1x2 clear plates ;-) Where did you get them all, BTW? (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

(...) excellent. Love it. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

(...) amount of detail he gets on his 2-wide trains. The micro-city is great as well. Bruce (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: @fans of 4.5 V: How to use cheap AA-rechargable batteries instead of C-size

(...) Thanks for the Info! Maybe the have changed the norms? A few years ago at least all no-nammes have been ca 2..3 mm longer and could not be placed in the 810, 107, 103 and 102 battery boxes. Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

My son Ross informs me that he has built the *first* Twin Cities LEGO Train Club layout-- in miniature! And so while we labor on building the second (;-) TCLTC layout, I proudly present Ross's latest MOC: (URL) Ross has been into building mini-scale (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) I ordered mine! James, will you sign the building-instructions ;-) ? Jeroen. (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com - Incorrect car descriptions?

(...) Well I think something is definitely wrong. Whether it is the website or the catalog, I don't know, since I don't know much about trains either. I get the pictures on the website as follows (compared to catalog): 10022 (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: PNLTC Website Reaches 100,000 Hits!

(...) Uhm, that would be (URL) can hear the cries already: "But it passed the spell-checker!"... <grin> And kudos to the fine folks at the PNLTC. They've been setting the standard for all clubs on the 'net for many years now! JohnG, GMLTC come see (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Website Reaches 100,000 Hits!

...snipped... (...) ...snipped... First off, congrats. You've been a wonderful example for clubs all over. The PNLTC has certainly been the mentor and model for a great many of Lego train clubs. You may have some trouble with the first club claim (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com - Incorrect car descriptions?

Here are direct links: Sante Fe Cars Set I (URL) Fe Cars Set II (URL) I'm a little confused. I'm looking at the Fallen Flags site for reference: (URL) descriptions at shop.lego.com don't seem to match the cars correctly. For example, 10022 SF Cars (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

Hi Just visited the Lego website. The new Santa Fe cars can now be preordered. Seems like they will be available in Europe before the US. In Denmark, 20 and 31 august. In the US, 6 september and 8 october. whoohoo. Kecia Hansen (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: @fans of 4.5 V: How to use cheap AA-rechargable batteries instead of C-size

(...) ??? The rechargeable NiHM C-type as sold by Duracell or the NiCAD as sold by Panasonic are the same size, at least they fit fine in my old 4.5v Technic box and the square box as in 810. -- Jan-Albert van Ree (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  @fans of 4.5 V: How to use cheap AA-rechargable batteries instead of C-size

Hi fans of 4.5V stuff! I just wanted to share a little trick, how to use the cheap AA-rechargable cells instead of the C-type batteries. And you cannot use C-sizes rechargables, since these are longer (heaven knows why). You can take simply (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Website Reaches 100,000 Hits!

(...) Congratulations, PNLTC! You guys have been pioneers, inspiring the LTC movement, and a model for all of us to follow. As I may have mentioned before, I was just coming on line in late '97 and I remember somehow finding the PNLTC site and being (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Website Reaches 100,000 Hits!

Just for historial sake, it started like this... Ben Fleskes drove from Portland to Seattle to visit Will Chapman during his solo effortLEGO train layout. I think Will had done a few of these prior to this one. At Will's layout Ben met Dan Parker (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC Website Reaches 100,000 Hits!

Tick-tick-tick...That's the sound of PNLTC's site counter tilting 100,000 hits! The Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club is proud to announce that the 100,000th visitor viewed our site today at approximately 3:21 p.m. Pacific Time. The current PNLTC (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Fantastic work Shaun! You really have created a Master Model. All the small detailing parts makes it look so good. Good use of the 'string parts' (or what they now are called) from the Camel set. Beautiful and very inventive cowcatcher of (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

The VLC (Vancouver Lego CLub) did something like this last Xmas... we had a large store in a local mall, set up about 50 ft total of window displays starting at the bginning of Dec, added to and changed them as the month wore on, then did a 2-day (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC 4-6-4 Hudson

Hi Shaun, I'm stunning. Deeply impressed by your work. Thank you for the detailed information in your posting. Otherwise I would not have noticed the double piston and the flickering flames. So much details and love in it. The margin is much higher (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact