 Trains / 16697
Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:54:56 GMT

Sorry, forgot to put the link to the new images.

Clock tower idea is there, as well.

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, Adrian Egli writes:
Now that is a beauty! Esp. love that roof style, well done!

If only the part was available in massive quantities.

Your station reminds me much of one I was at about a month ago in Southern
CA, the Fullerton train station.  Found a link for some pics:
http://www.360360.com/stations/ful.html
(Just one note:  photos are iPIX, so they could take time to view)

Adrian Egli

Thanks for the link to photos.

I've now posted some revisions to the station.
I've also rendered images of the modules that could be compiled to make a
variety of building layouts with different floor plans, total number of
stories, and wall/door types.

A clock tower module could be nice, as well:  build an appropriate wall
module with a clock face and drop it in to a similar 12x12 cube module.
Stack 'em up to make a taller tower section for the overall building.

Again, this concept is not fully refined, and improvements are obviously
necessary, but it's fun to imagine.

later,
James Mathis