 Trains / 16698
Re: Track Bed Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:44:10 GMT

Jonathan Lopes wrote:

and box it up while I lived in smaller (but safer)apartments. I am now ready
to start building a new town and have two train lines planned. I was
wondering if anyone knew of some pictures showing track bed ideas. I don't
want to just lay the track on baseplates. I have thought of using brown
plates (of which I have plenty). I have also thought of using the Lego
Mosaic & mixing up the colors.

Does anyone have any helpful links or ideas in this regard?

Hi Jonathan...

elevate the track by one plate.  i tend to use 1x8 plates on the track
ends and then add 2 1x2 plates in the center of the track section span.
fill in with very light gray and lt gray pieces from the mosiac set,
placing them in a random pattern as opposed to strict checkerboard fashion.

i have a post somewhere on lugnet explaining this in more detail and
with estimates of linear distance one can cover with a mosiac set.

-chris

ps: glanced over your pics of the elevated subway.  great stuff as always!