 Trains / 16710
Re: Track Bed Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:30:04 GMT

Thanks for the information.  I will have to do some experimenting.

- John Eric

"Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@enviroweb.org> wrote in message
John Eric Voltin wrote:
How do you handle curved track?  I don't believe that such a • rectangular
arrangement will work with curved track.  I considered using tiles, but • a
large supply of gray tiles would be hard to get.  Any thoughts?

this fuzzy pic may help explain...

use a mixture of plates and tiles.  i was amazed how many plates you can
actually use since the track does not cover the stud part of the 1x1
plate.  i think there are six 1x2 tiles and 3 2x2 tiles under that one
curved section.  you could probably do it with less though.

-chris